Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Sales
The Head of Sales drives market development through creation and execution of a multi-channel sales strategy including partner channel management and field force management.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Contribute to development of multi-channel sales strategy for FLEX and INFINITY products in Nigeria including field force management, partner channel management, market development and geographic expansion
- Monitor the departmental operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to budget allocations
- Address budget variances with the Finance Department to clarify over or under-spend
- Work with Group Commercial to implement existing processes, frameworks, tools and training effectively to sales organization
- Work collaboratively with Group Commercial to build and/or refine processes, frameworks, tools and training
- Implement and refine multi-channel sales effort for FLEX and INFINITY
- Construct and deploy effective communication to all levels of sales organization including priorities, activities and targets
- Monitor and track daily sales targets and activities by means of trend analysis, diagnostics and identify outliers
- Territory expansion/planning, identify, monitor and track seasonality
- Develop annual budgets based on operational and financial targets
- Identify and follow up on opportunities for improved lead generation & customer targeting and identify, negotiate and deploy effective partnerships
- Liaise with local government to gain support in areas where we work and liaise with senior visitors (both internal and external) to communicate information on business operations and for conducting field visits
- Support the collaboration across functions to understand and resolve problems on the ground
- Build a high performance sales organization from the ground up, recruit, train, coach, build leaders and motivate all levels within sales org.
- Effective planning to deliver business results by annual & quarterly activity planning and field force deployment
- Bachelor or Master in Marketing, Sales, relevant field of study
- 10+ years’ experience in a sales environment in Nigeria, of which 7 years is at a management level
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Customer focused team player that is able to work under pressure
- Required to work out in the field, therefore significant travel is required
- Willing to work extended hours.
- Management of multi-channel sales force including large field sales force, telecom / white goods industry experience
- Direct Sales management experience, experience of the expansion into new territories
- Knowledge of methodologies in Direct Sales and an in depth understanding of the local business environment and channels
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation pertaining to the country
- Strategic leadership, people management and planning skills
- Relationship management, communication and problem solving skills