The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Duration: Six Months with the possibility of renewal subject the availability of funds.
- The Organization is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Human Resource Officer on its recent award on “the Nigeria Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIlS), a Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) Survey that was developed to enable countries obtain HIV-specific indicators, including the impact of the expansion of HIV prevention and treatment programs to facilitate effective monitoring of national HIV programs.
- The Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing efficient and effective human resource administrative support to the operations of the Maryland Global Initiative Corporation of Nigeria NAIIS Project.
- Degree in Business, HR Management or Administration or related studies.
- At least two (2) two years’ experience in Human Resources with strong background in recruitment process.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point, internet).
- Desirable experience with other NGOs.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments.
- Strong service orientation with the ability to proactively approach clients to understand their needs and to find effective solutions.
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Keep an updated knowledge of Nigerian tax and labor law.
- Ensure compliance of MGIC HR internal regulations in all offices.
- Management of the full cycle of recruitment and selection process.
- Responsible of On Boarding and Off Boarding process of staff.
- Drafting all HR legal documentation (contracts, termination letter, etc.).
- Analysis and draft of Job Descriptions.
- Keep updated the HR filing and HR database.
- Monitoring of completion of Timesheets and Leave forms.
- Administrative support in performance evaluations and trainings.
- Focal point for staff insurance coverage.
- Prepare induction/orientation programmes for all new staff and facilitate the implementation and monitoring of such programmes. Develop learning/training programmes for existing employees to ensure that staff are given appropriate training opportunities that contribute to their professional development
Deadline:7th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online