IT Bespoke Applications Support Officer Vacancy in a Large Bank
GVA Partners – Our client, a Large Bank, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Bespoke Applications Support Officer
- To achieve high level of stability, availability and maintenance of all bespoke applications developed by business automation through effective support framework that leverages on teamwork, technology, expert knowledge, professionalism and commitment to excellence.
- Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate her findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Remain self-controlled and be prepared to listen to the views and ideas of others.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
- Encourage people to communicate effectively and, through example and expertise, create participative attitudes.
- Adopt an accommodating and helpful manner, debate, agree and, where necessary, accept the objectives set by others and work within agreed parameters in order to ensure that tasks are completed.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job holder should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others. The job occupant whilst being adaptable by nature, will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems and protocol. The area of work is likely to have some administrative, specialist or technical aspects and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Introduce monitoring systems that identify whether individuals or the organisation are achieving their objectives, as well as any variances in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
- Remain rational when dealing with others, work within organisational requirements, be systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues, and handle conflict adopting a logical and unemotional approach until a solution becomes achievable.
- Work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve the quality of the service and/or product provided.
- Work as part of a team and demonstrate tolerance, understanding and consistency when dealing with others.
- The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner. Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organised, structured, self-controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise.
- The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise and compliant. The environment, wherever possible should be free of confrontation and the person occupying the role should be non-aggressive by nature.
- Ensure application support, administration and maintenance of all IT bespoke Applications, .Net web applications, Windows services, Web services.
- Carry out Application availability checks and support deliver technical support for .Net bespoke applications.
- Handle issues assigned on helpdesk relating to all bespoke applications.
- Handle Application deployment and implementation of .Net framework and database service pack upgrades.
- Escalation of critical application issues to Business automation unit.
- Intranet and Internet content management and update.
- Carry out website availability checks and support.
- Preparation of support and technical documentation for bespoke applications.
- First Degree in a Physical or Numerate Science or Engineering.
- 2 Years’ cognate experience.
- Application Support & Maintenance.
- Release Management.
- Quality Assurance.
- Business Continuity Planning
- Non Core
- E-channel Management
- Information Systems Audit
- Knowledge of Banking Operations.
- Solution Architecture.
- Products Knowledge.
- Information Security.
- Research Orientation.
Deadline: 22nd June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS Word format to: email@example.com and reference firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Bespoke Applications Support Officer” as the subject of email.