WACOT Limited is a part of TGI Group. Our business includes but are not limited to rice milling, soya milling, production of fertilizer and other agro-chemicals, sesame hulling which are exported to Asia and Europe, trade in grains such as maize, sorghum and groundnuts. We currently support the production of soya, rice, sesame, cotton, and maize as part of our out-growers initiative. WACOT has several MOU’s in place to aid its contribution to the fastest growing Nigerian sector- agriculture.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Engineer
Employment type: Permanent contract
- We seek an IT Engineer to be based in Kano to take ownership of end users’ issues reported and see them through to resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Computer Engineering
- Proficient in using Microsoft packages (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills
- Influencing and persuasion skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology and related disciplines
- Take ownership of end users issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained.
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops.
- Preventive approach, suggestions for improvements
- Provide IT Support to others and prepare weekly report, documents and correspondence.
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to end user.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve End Users Issues.
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary.