Job Vacancies at Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for the planning and coordination of office administration and logistics for the MNCH2 project at the Abuja office.
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for ensuring that the operational, administrative and facility functions support the timely and effective implementation of the project’s work.
Travel and Security:
- Ensure smooth operations at the Abuja office and coordinate any travel logistic support required by the country and state offices.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received at the airport and provided with safe and adequate transportation and accommodation during their stay.
- Work with the security team by providing journey management updates as required.
- Provide guidance and direction to the driver and monitor performance.
- Provide instruction on vehicle use in accordance with policy.
Procurement and Asset Management:
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users.
- Track contracts and initiate procurement processes to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and timely ordering of supplies.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc. with the Senior Operations Manager.
- Ensure tagging and branding of MNCH2 assets is conducted.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is done satisfactorily and in accordance with policy.
- Process daily financial transactions of MNCH2 Abuja office including petty cash payments and processing payments of PAYE cheques and any other payments as needed.
- Ensure that transactions are fully supported, approved, properly filed and conform to laid down requirements;
- In liaison with the Finance Officer in Kano HQ, ensure adequate maintenance of all MNCH2 Abuja financial records
- Provide office running cost analysis and forecasting as required.
Other Admin duties:
- Follow-up with Finance & Admin Coordinators/ technical staff in resolving issues as they come up.
- Coordinate delivery of items to the Kano HQ and field offices as the case may be.
- Communicate pressing operations issues to the Senior Operations Manager for technical assistance and further directives.
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures, make recommendations to the Senior Operations Manager accordingly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the TA- RI & RMNCH and the Senior Operations Manager.
- University Degree required, preferably in Business Administration or related Social Science field.
- Experience in logistics planning and procurement.
- Experience managing DFID-funded activities and knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to details.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application packages like Excel Spreadsheets, Word or other customized accounting software; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Driver
Project Overview and Role
- The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a UKAid funded, five-year programme that provides technical assistance to improve access to and utilisation of quality health care for pregnant women, newborns and children in six northern Nigerian states – Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Zamfara, Katsina and Yobe. MNCH2 is managed by Palladium and a consortium of six Nigerian and international organisations.
- Under immediate supervision of the Administrative Officer, performs function in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of Staff and Consultants to and from various destinations.
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of project vehicles – washes and cleans interior;
- Responsible for the provision of safe and reliable driving services to the programme staff and consultants in the execution of their day to day duties.
- Reports any dysfunction to the Administrative Officer, takes official vehicles for maintenance and repairs;
- Assists consultants in getting in and out of vehicles, and other courtesies when necessary;
- Responsible for the security of all passengers and any equipment in the vehicles;
- Updates vehicle log book for all journeys.
- Performs related duties as required.
The driver will be required to:
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean, road worthy and compliant with DFID and Palladium Operating Security Standards.
- Provide reliable and safe driving services to programme personnel as required.
- Support in the delivery and collection of cargo/mail, documents and other errands as directed by authorised programme personnel in accordance with set guidelines.
- Conduct office pickups and drop-offs for authorised staff and consultants as required.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the assigned vehicle ensuring vehicles are clean and functional and conducting timely repairs, change of oil etc. and reporting on supervisors on time.
- Take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, breaks, tires etc. as required to ensure the optimum performance of vehicles at all times.
- Report any mechanical faults in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to ensure that all such repairs were done properly.
- Check vehicle condition/requirement and fill the Log Book properly, log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc. also ensure that all assigned programme vehicles have up to date documentation including insurance and other required vehicle registration papers
- Ensure that vehicles petrol tanks are always full prior to any field trips.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness about discussions which involve the programme and its officials.
- Take proper measures to reduce potential threats to MNCH2 Officials or property within the immediate vicinity of vehicles and along transport routes.
- Read and understand the MNCH2 Security Standards Operating Procedures and ensure compliance with all security requirements when driving and using any programme vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by law and by the Palladium (MNCH2) rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents or incidents.
- Support the programme team by providing administrative and clerical support as required including in preparing, photocopying, collating, binding, filing and distributing documents, mail and notifications as requested.
- Provide general administrative and logistics support to the office and also during events and meetings as required.
- Have a Secondary School Certificate;
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Have an understanding of the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with particular emphasis on Northern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 15th June, 2018.