Legal Senior Executive/Asst. Manager Vacancy at a Multinational FMCG Company
Lorache Group – Our client, a Multinational FMCG Company with outlet across board and one of the leading manufacturers of personal and homecare products, is looking for the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Senior Executive/Asst. Manager
- This position will report to the International Legal Business Cluster Head and will work in close synthesis with the respective country Business Heads and CFOs particularly countries within West African countries.
Position Role Summary
This position will be responsible to handle all legal, techno-commercial-legal, business-risk remedial assignments related to contract drafting, reputation, environment protection, industrial relations, international trade, litigation management, business advisory, and knowledge management including:
- Advising the management on various legal and regulatory aspects, IPRs and counterfeit related issues and compliances;
- The position is designed to service the needs of the growing West African businesses of the Company and be constantly engaged in a periodic review of all facets of law related to dry hair business,, cosmetics, consumer products, household insecticides, foreign investment, indirect taxation and general trends in governmental, political, economic, investment related scenario.
- The position will work on, take a deep dive into and appreciate the immediate needs of legal issues in the Nigeria branch and other West African businesses.
- Assisting business on NAFDAC issues.
- Drafting a variety of contracts related to procurement, real estate, distributors, services providers, distribution etc.
- Handling litigation related to labour disputes, consumer complaints and other civil disputes;
- Making presentations/high level notes to senior management of the company in Nigeria as well as peers in Africa about important legal developments including judicial pronouncements, new law/regulation.
Requisite Experience and Skills
- Post legal education in Lagos, a work experience of 3 to 4 years, preferably in corporations in fast moving consumer goods, food and retail spaces.
- Having knowledge of intellectual property laws, property (real estate) laws, labour laws, consumer protection laws, contract drafting, court procedures a strong team player attitude, liaising skills high energy to collaborate and make things happen but take courage to advise businesses and its leaders as to where an activity or plan is a clear ‘no go’ or a ‘red-flag’.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework related to various FMCG products (hair colours, cosmetics, fashion & salon products) and advertising.
- Must be proficient in English, French
- Position will require moderate time allocation for work-related travelling which is part of the role.
Deadline: 18th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the mail.