Chemonics International – From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) Technical Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- We seeks a Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) Technical Advisor to support the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project (NSCIP) in the design and implementation of a comprehensive electronic logistics management information system (e-LMIS) to improve data visibility and inform decision-making.
- In this capacity, the Advisor will play a key role in enabling NSCIP to achieve its goal of addressing public health supply chain challenges through HIV, tuberculosis, malaria, reproductive health, and vaccine supply chain integration.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; experience in e-LMIS system development and working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision preferred
- Technical expertise in the design of information systems, information technology, and control towers
- Knowledge of and experience working in the public health supply chain sector
- Eight or more years of experience in health-system strengthening, design, and reform in low- and middle-income countries; experience in Nigeria preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders at different levels of the public and private sectors to ensure timely project delivery
- Attention to detail and commitment to results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Review and document the “as-is” and develop the “to-be” business processes
- Evaluate and record the detailed user and functional requirements as well as technical architecture and design of the e-LMIS
- Advise on interoperability strategy and integration specifications
- Map out hardware and equipment requirements, and identify gaps
- Work with the Visibility Analytics Network (VAN) Project Management Unit (PMU) and Field intelligence to develop a budget for system implementation, deployment, and maintenance
- Anticipate project risks and mitigate challenges, ensuring the successful delivery of the e-LMIS
- Build a detailed training plan for on-boarding users
- Develop a communication plan to ensure that stakeholders, users, and donors are informed of progress, challenges, and key milestones
- Work with NSCIP and VAN PMU to set up a “help desk”
- Play a key role in developing the request for proposal (RFP) to select a service provider that will identify system solutions and implement the system.
- Work with system, developers during the configuration phase to ensure that implementation deadlines are met
- Provide other needed technical support, including for VAN implementation, as necessary
- Foster an inclusive workplace environment that creates opportunities, serves others’ needs, builds trust, promotes innovation, and exceeds expectations.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter electronically to: SCSSAMRecruitment@chemonics.com with the subject line “LMIS Technical Advisor – Nigeria”
Note: No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.