Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Job ID: 13-10065
Reports To: Senior Accountant
- The Finance Intern will assist in providing Finance & logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the State project activities.
- She or he will assist technical specialists and senior managers to coordinate project activities and will assist State Finance & Admin Manager for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Intern is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 1 experience in finance position with a Non-Governmental Organization
- University Degree in Accounting or Higher National Degree (HND) in Finance/Accounting
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks
- Maintain accounting files
- Manage the inventory data base in the field office
- Track and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Deadline: 29th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online