PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Tracking Code: 8935
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- In Nigeria, PATH is a member of the USAID-funded AIDSFree consortium that is supporting condom programming using a Total Market Approach (TMA). AIDSFree Nigeria supports sustained, increased use of affordable, high-quality condoms by sexually active persons in Nigeria, especially key populations including female sex workers, men who have sex with men, and people who inject drugs.
- The project is grounded in TMA to coordinate all condom actors’ inputs and distribution activities, leveraging the relative strengths of the public, social marketing, and commercial sectors to support sustainable access to and use of condoms in Nigeria.
- PATH is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to provide technical support to M&E activities. This is a four-month position based in Abuja.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- Increase informed demand for and use of condoms.
- Improve access, effectiveness, and reach of condoms through optimizing distribution of free condoms.
- Improve the evidence base to inform decisions and investments by market actors in support of sustainable, equitable use of condoms.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide technical support to the implementation of the project’s M&E and data collection systems to monitor overall project performance against established goals, objectives, and milestones and to ensure compliance with partner organization protocols and PATH’s organizational policies.
- S/he will promote a culture and practice of using data for decision-making within project and partner staff, working closely with the project team to help maintain M&E standards.
Required Skills and Experience
The M&E Officer must be a results-oriented health and development professional with an enthusiastic commitment to PATH’s mission. Skills should include:
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a demonstrated capacity to solve problems. Strong communication skills, capacity to analyze data, monitor progress, and recommend necessary recourse for maximizing program progress and impact.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines within a flexible, fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Thorough knowledge of HIV issues in Nigeria including solid knowledge of key indicators related to social and behavior change communication and key populations.
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation approaches, including health information and data management systems, social marketing data mining, and qualitative data collection methods. Knowledge and experience of national health information systems will be preferred.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in the most common languages in Nigeria.
- Undergraduate Degree in Social Sciences or any related course; an added advantage will be a Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in public health or social science research.
- Minimum five years supporting research and communications in the public health or social sciences field.
- Experience successfully implementing M&E activities for health programs funded by USAID, preferably in Nigeria, will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E Officer will report to the M&E Advisor. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support to the implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the finalization and implementation of a performance monitoring plan covering activities to compile, analyze, and present data to report on program progress and impact. Establish baseline for indicators in the M&E plan using existing data sources and conduct special studies as needed.
- Collect condom market data from key stakeholders in the public, private, and social marketing sectors, update the TMA dashboard, strengthen the capacity of the Government of Nigeria to use the dashboard, and monitor market trends.
- Collect and analyze retail data in major markets in alignment with established market monitoring mechanisms.
- Develop suitable dissemination materials for sharing project-related results with stakeholders.
- Maintain and update the project M&E system on an ongoing basis and generate monthly reports to meet donor and other stakeholder requirements.
- Consolidate lessons learned from project implementation and make suitable recommendations for future implementation.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health, National Agency for the Control of AIDS, implementing partners, academic institutions, and donors in the area of monitoring and evaluation of condom programming activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Nigeria to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements.
- Application materials must be submitted in English. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.