Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning AD-HOC Support Staff (For the Engine II Project) Vacancy at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Mercy Corps is an international relief and development organization working in over 40 countries worldwide helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps Nigeria (MCN) implements a variety of programs with the ultimate goal of building productive, secure and just communities. The organization’s programs are implemented in twelve states, mainly in north and north east parts of Nigeria and Lagos. Our work covers the following sectors: economic development, livelihoods/food security, adolescent girls & boys empowerment, financial resilience, conflict mitigation and humanitarian response.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning AD-HOC Support Staff (For the Engine II Project)
- The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) phase II project seeks to transform the future of marginalized girls who are now between ages 17 to 23 by fulfilling their potentials in education and work.
- Mercy Corps has also established partnerships with local Civil Society Organizations who will be responsible for implementing the programme at the state level.
- These partners are Action Health Incorporated (AHI) – Lagos State; Tabitha Cumi Foundation (TCF) – Federal Capital Territory; Kindling Hope Across Nations (KHAN) – Kaduna State and Society for Women Development and Empowerment of Nigeria (SWODEN) – Kano State. The project will follow-up on over 21,000 girls who graduated across the four states in the first phase of the project.
- The project is funded by the UK Department for International Development’s Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC).
- The project is being implemented by a consortium which includes Mercy Corps (MC) as the lead partner, Oxford Policy Management (OPM) as the external evaluator and other public and private sector partners namely; Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Access Bank Plc, Airtel Telecommunications, Twinnings and Procter and Gamble.
- The position will offer the support staff an opportunity to understand what Mercy Corps stands for as well as understand the ENGINE II programme especially the Mercy Corps approach to tracking beneficiaries of development programmes.
- The ENGINE II programme with funding from DFID aims to support marginalised girls and young women within the ages of 17 and 23 year old transit to the next phase of education and/or work.
- The support staff will work closely with the ENGINE II MEL team and Mercy Corps Nigeria IT team in designing Identity (ID) cards that can be read using data collection software.
- The support staff will ensure that beneficiary details are correctly linked to bar or Quick Response (QR) codes and correctly captured on printed ID cards. Interns will also be responsible for cataloguing printed ID cards and dispatching the cards to communities/schools through the programme’s implementing partners.
Responsibilities of the AD HOC Support Staff
- Review and update the database of ENGINE II beneficiaries
- Work with Mercy Corps IT and ENGINE II MEL team to generate bar or QR code numbers for beneficiaries of ENGINE II
- Assign codes to beneficiaries
- Print coded ID cards for all ENGINE II beneficiaries
- Sort and catalogue all printed ID cards
- Support the dispatch of printed ID cards to locations where the programme is being implemented
- Print at least 15,000 coded ID cards for beneficiaries where the programme is being implemented
- Catalogue ID cards according to communities, LGAs and States
- Dispatch ID cards to programme implementation states
Ideal candidates should possess the following Qualifications
- A University Degree or HND in any field – experience in the use of Information technology and the handling of machines is an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with MS Excel
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
- Prior experience in the generation of barcodes and ID codes for the production of ID cards
- Minimum of 1 year experience in M&E, printing
- Mercy Corps staff represent the agency during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Deadline: 12th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send not more than 4 page CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements and location to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.