MTN Nigeria Recruitment for Manager, Emerging Technologies
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Emerging Technologies
- To trail blaze the delivery and commercialization of next generation technologies with a view to capture value for MTNN. This will require active collaboration with internal stakeholders and external global R&D partners.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Build high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Understand and apply emerging web and mobile development models.
- Review and debug code, perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Partner with the Innovation hub and ecoystems stakeholders to define scope, intention and best use of capabilities, considering user experience, content efficiencies and more.
- Define best “fit” and interdependencies and connections of capability within the solution ecosystem
- Maintain present-day knowledge of technologies and be the resident expert providing feedback to the Innovation leadership for review and further dissemination to the divisions. These may include:
- Machine learning and related algorithms applied to various areas of recommendations, predictions and prescriptive analytics, optimizations, classifications, clustering, and segmentation.
- Deep learning with object recognition derived from computer vision and natural language processing (via videos and script metadata).
- Data science based methods to automate learning; use of probabilistic reasoning and uncertainty management to maximize confidence in solutions.
- Designing and implementing natural language interactions and conversational AI that provide intelligent user assistance.
- Conduct research and forsee the potential needs of the market at large and evaluate the fesiability of solutions.
- Participate in identifying and creating applications for novel technology and business ideas.
- Build and architect the next generation digital platforms such as Speech recognition, Blockchain use-cases, Biometric Identification/authentication and Machine learning.
- Collaborate with global R&D partners on radical innovation initaitives around machine translations, deep learning, Screenless display (Virtual retinal display, Bionic contact lens, EyeTap, Google Glass) etc.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
Experience & Training
- First degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electrical/Electronics
- 6 – 13 years of experience which comprises
- Experience as a software developer.
- Experience taking ideas/concepts to market ready mobile applications, micro services or cloud enabled architectures a plus
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies.
- Proven project management experience, preferably with an organization health component.
- High performing individual with strong standing, credibility across organization and a natural internal network.
- Strong analytical skills and sound business judgment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to help others organize problem solving
- Excellent communication skills; strong networking and influencing skills
- Experience creating and presenting presentations to all levels of the organization
- Strategic outlook and attention to detail Training:
- Emerging technologies and proprietary partner technologies
- Imperative skillsets
- Frameworks : Qt, GTK++, JBoss (Seam, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, Cache), .NET, ReactJS, Restify, Angular
- Services: AWS, Azure, MongoDB, Apache, Firebase, Hadoop, Redis, SQL, Algolia, Git, NoSQL
- Dev Tools: C++ , Kotlin, Python, Obj-C, Swift, C#, Android Studio, JS,
- Operating Sys: Linux, Android, Apple, Windows
- FLIGHT Program
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Risk/fraud Contact Center Management
- MIS/System and Data Analytics
- MTN P10 – Closed Loop Feedback
- Financial Modelling in Excel
Deadline: 29th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online