MTN Nigeria Vacancy for Manager, Corporate Communications
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Communications (External Communications)
- To develop and deploy effective multi-platform, multi-stakeholder external communication strategy in alignment with governance guidelines to further business objectives.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Understanding of approved MTNN Communication Code and group-wide corporate identity guidelines and application to external and communication materials.
- Ensure key communication support for corporate events and high quality speeches/presentations for executive management as well as relevant MTN Group publications. Supervise output from various consultants (PR, Communication and New Media) to deploy integrated communication and engagement strategy which positively influence stakeholder perception of MTN and its activities.
- Develop engaging and effective communication campaigns to drive understanding and buy-in among critical stakeholders
- Effectively communicate metrics and progress to target audiences.
- Develop effective multi-platform/multi-stakeholder communication strategies and messaging in alignment with business objectives.
- Manage production of MTN corporate publications (print and web-based), ensuring high-quality look and feel and engaging, informative content that articulates key business issues.
- Establish a working relationship with media relations, investor relations and deploy stakeholder engagement management strategies across the business to distill and align messages from diverse sources, interpret complex business information and develop bespoke communication, always ensuring quality standards of information, appropriateness and relevance.
- Normal MTN work hours apply but the requirement to work outside office hours on an ongoing basis is to be expected.
- The expectation for this role is round-the-clock availability as a source and supplier of business information.
- Quality assurance on all external communications content for look/feel/tonality/accuracy & appropriateness of information.
- BA, BEd, BSc, BTech, HND or LLB.
Experience & Training
- First Degree in any relevant discipline.
- A Master’s Degree /relevant Professional Qualifications will be an advantage.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in external communications and related areas of specialization involving engagement with external stakeholders
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in corporate communications – strategy and content development for diverse audiences
- Advanced writing, editorial and publishing skills
- Knowledge of evolving, contemporary communication tools and techniques
- Effective supervisory and project management skills
- Effortless, self-assured fluency in English Training: Quality on-the –job training and advanced corporate communications/content development training
Deadline: 15th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online