Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inbound Associate, Email
Job Type: Full Time
- As an Inbound Associate, Email, your responsibility is to provide exceptional customer service in a prompt, respectable and courteous manner to ensure customer concerns are resolved in both written and verbal format.
In particular you will:
- Provides accurate (90% accuracy rate), timely, and professionally written responses to chats & emails within set guidelines.
- Support customers by responding to inbound email and chat and phone support as needed.
- Interacting with vendors via Emails(Sales Force) to resolve all issues relating to operational performance.
- Consistently ensure world class customer service that fully supports Jumia brand promises in written and verbal format.
- Work independently to make sound decisions and resolve complex customer situations.
- Identify critical customer service issues and report them.
- Achieve all effectiveness and efficiency metrics, including Email Handle Time (EHT), Chat Handle Time (CHT), Chat Wrap Up, Phone Handle Time (PHT), Quality and Voice of the Customer (VOC), Schedule Compliance, and Unavailable time.
- Contributing to good vendor experience by resolving > 90 % of vendor complaints within 24 hours to ensure vendor satisfaction
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/English/Journalism preferred OR equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of customer service experience (call center experience strongly preferred).
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess exceptional written (ex: spelling, grammar, punctuation) and oral communication skills. Must be willing to provide a writing sample, upon request.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience preferred with professional/work-related email and chat.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict verbally and in written correspondence.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and alternate between high volumes of channels (calls, emails, chats).
- Good knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Job Title: B2B Sales Executive
- As a B2B Executive, you will become an integral part of our high performing and motivated Sales team.
- You will be primarily accountable for creating sales plans that capitalizes on market/industry opportunity and aggressively hunt new business client in your territory to drive results and grow your wallet.
In particular, you will:
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to prospective business customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of potential prospects to meet their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to business leads through cold calling.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Keep abreast of best practices, new promotional trends.
- Ability to re-orient the ‘pitch’ when losing customer engagement.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.
- Client Relationship Management & strengthening business in the existing accounts.
- Will be accountable for monthly volume & value targets.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- At least 4 Year(s) of B2B/B2C Sales & Marketing.
- Excellent in English both oral and written.
- Have a hunter mentality, ready to aggressively drive sales with both existing and new clients
- Have demonstrated sales and marketing capabilities emphasizing consultative, solutions-based networking and sales
- Must be able to lead in a fast-paced and competitive industry
- Demonstrable track record of high performance in a sales environment
- Strong customer focus and high level of customer service ethics