Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Storekeeper
Reference No: MT04300
No of Places: ONE (01)
Main Objective of the Position
- Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Medical Warehouse (for OCA) or Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management. L2
- Education: Essential, Secondary School. Desirable, medical related studies.
- Experience: Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Languages: Essential local language, desirable mission working language.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes: e.g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
Salary: 147, 400 NGN (Gross Salary)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letter to: email@example.com
Submit it in person to the address below:
MSF Spain offices,
Plot 394, Etang O. Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi – Abuja.
Application Deadline 2nd July, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.