Real Estate Development Manager Vacancy in a Leading Consultancy Firm
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client, a leading consultancy firm which provides both financial, business and project advisory services focused on the entire real estate value chain. Our client is also heavily involved in the development sector, with a focus on socio-economic development . Due to internal expansion, they are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate Development Manager
- The Real Estate Development Manager formulates development strategies for the company real estate projects and negotiates land and shopping center acquisitions.
- The incumbent manages and negotiates development-related contracts and projects; architectural, engineering, and other agreements.
- The Real Estate Development Manager manages and completes due diligence and entitlement activities for all development-related property acquisitions; land purchases and ground-leased sites and ensures the closings of properties occur in accordance with the terms of the contracts.
- Development of project concepts and specifications.
- Monitor expenses against the budget.
- Review all contract changes and coordinate change control process – maintain records of all changes and required approvals.
- Develop strategies for leveraging the company’s assets to develop new projects.
- Make recommendations on new actions, goals and targets related to the development of new projects.
- Make recommendations with respect to financing, debt and financial sustainability of projects.
- Develop and manage timeliness for various activities to ensure strategic plans and critical development processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Seek and develop viable partnerships to advance the company’s goal
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, and expenditures related to the management of real estate development activities.
- Identification of viable projects and preparation of business cases to support the Board of Directors in making decisions.
- Applying for funding and financing and developing capital budget
- Developing financial pro forma and writing business plans for multi-unit residential projects.
- Act as project manager for projects under development
- Tendering all contracts for professional services.
- Manage payments and the claims process during construction and reconcile budgets at end of construction.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: A degree in a related field such as Architecture or Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Building Technology any related course.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in real estate development including experience with project management and project costing of new development from concept through approvals, financing, construction and occupancy.
- Experience developing financial pro forma and business plans for new development.
- Experience securing financing for real estate projects.
- Experience working in partnerships.
- Experience developing consultation plans and leading consultation activity.
- Experience managing relationships with key stakeholders and contracted professionals.
- Knowledge of best practice in real estate development.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project
- Ability to analyze various real estate development opportunities, including financial analysis.
- Ability to develop feasible plans and successfully implement the plans.
- Ability to lead teams to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Ability to deal with diverse stakeholders.
Deadline: 22nd June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com with the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.