The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Monguno Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Ensures that financial supporting documents are produced and acceptable according to ICRC financial rules (translation, supplier information and stamp, logistic support documents, approvals etc.)
- Monitors regularity of payments and to reports discrepancies
- Takes charge of daily management of the Office bank account and cash under supervision of the Head of Office.
- Monitors premises lease agreements: drafts new contracts, follow-up expiring lease agreement, processes renewal
- Sets up HR files of newly recruited staff and requests all compulsory personal documents
- Ensures each event in the professional life of each resident staff is documented in his/her HR file (confirmation letter, Job description, training certificates, change of position, disciplinary measures etc.)
- Provides staffs with advices and/or assistance pertaining to HR matters
- Arranges hotel/guestroom accommodation for visitors and processes administrative follow up of welcome expenses (invoices and all required attachments according to procedure) and to ensure their payments.
- Manages administrative staff, set up objective with them and conduct their timely performance review.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Head of Office
- University Education in Business Administration or Secretariat
- 4 years’ professional experience in a similar field
- Fluent written and spoken English
- High computer literacy and very good computer skills especially Office software.
- Team leadership skills
- Sense of confidentiality and reliable
- Initiative, organised, methodical and flexible personality,
- Strong humanitarian motivation
- Capacity to manage and to mentor staff under his/her supervision
Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Assist the Welcome department in all administrative activities as requested.
- Participate in organizing the pick-up and accommodation (hotel, residence) for staff and guests.
- Help organize staff travel and field trips by the most effective costs/mean and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airport, etc.
- Organize communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations and delegations regarding staff travel.
- Keep all appropriate databases up to date on staff members in the sub delegation, missions and other travel,document validity, residences and any other relevant information (airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Organize Welcome files, business cards, briefing programs and tours of the offices for new arrivals.
- Organize the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Welcome the visitors and introduce them to the appropriate ICRC employee(s)
- Regularly brief the security guards and train them how to handle visitors at the gate
- Monitor telephone bills and update the lists and tables regularly
- Keep a proper filing of personnel files of mobile staff
- Secondary School Certificate
- Diploma in relevant field
- 1-3 years working experience in secretary field
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Proactive and Solution oriented
- Polite and with self-control
- Rigorous and trustful person
- Capacity to deal with public
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Interest and skills for training of users.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality.
- Ability to cope with stress, flexibility and availability
Job Title: Driver/Assistant Car Dispatcher
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Ensures economic use of a Vehicle fleet
- Organizes and plans the drivers’ duties
- Monitors and updates car use and fuel consumption
- Keeps tracks on all light vehicle movements
- Help to organisation and planning of maintenance of fleet
- Assist and ensures regular check First Aid kits, tool kits and other essential accessories
- Supports the field teams in case of problems during trips
- Follows up accidents, breakdowns, complaints and other issues to Car dispatcher
- Assist, Participate and Enforce the general rules and regulations of safe driving
- Reports events and changes in operational area that could have an impact on ICRC activities
- Secondary Education
- 4 years work experience in a similar function
- Heavy vehicle Driving licence
- Driving license for at least 5 years and succeeded in ICRC Driving test
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Masters 4/4 and VHF use
- Basic mechanical skills
- Good sense of Security management
- Basic leadership skills
- Well organized and attention to details
Deadline:13th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three Referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.