Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Administrator for e-TB Manager
Job ID: 13-10053
Reports To: Senior Technical Advisor
- KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. KNCV leads this international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization.
- The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
- The CTB office in Abuja is responsible for the overall implementation of the USAID funded Challenge TB project (CTB).
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.As collaborating partner, MSH supports the implementation of e-TB Manager in Nigeria together with KNCV (Lead) and operates in close communication with the National TB program (NTP), the USAID Mission and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science
- 1+ year of Windows NT Server administration, including backup, networking and file sharing configuration;
- 2+ years of Windows Operating System, including Internet configuration;
- Strong knowledge of Linux (or any Unix-based system);
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft Office package;
- 2+ years of J2EE development experience and Java for WEB (Experience with JBOSS AS is preferred);
- Solid grasp of the following Java frameworks: Hibernate, SEAM, RichFaces;
- Strong skills in SQL development;
- Strong grasp of database integration with web applications.
- The System Administrator will be an integral part of everyday working of e-TB Manager.
- The main role of the System Administrator is to keep e-TB Manager up and mitigate risks that may result in a server failure.
- Another role of the system administrator is to support future maintenance of the software, as needed, after the implementation of the system.
- In this case, this will require experience with software development in Java. Experience in healthcare industry is preferred.
- Support installation and upgrade of e-TB Manager countrywide;
- Setup and execute backup routines of database and current version of e-TB Manager;
- Monitor server activities to guarantee that e-TB Manager is running without compromise any server resource;
- Plan server resource usage according to planned demand of user requests in a long term basis;
- Support and troubleshooting of e-TB Manager server usage;
- Manage and support operating system upgrades and server fixes;
- Responsible for monitoring the product development status and ensure the product works as expected;
- Research and resolve production issues;
- Develop technical documentation, test results documentation and SOP documentation;
- Maintaining an understanding of software solutions related to the healthcare industry and adapting to trends/needs within the industry;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by the ability to communicate complex technical subjects to senior management and non-technical audiences.
Deadline: 15th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online