RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Solution Advisor
Job Reference Code: RS-SMD-004
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of Functions
- Act as the primary technical interface between the customer and the company
- Advise Top Management on opportunities for expansion and alliances
- Conduct regular customer visits to ensure appropriate sales call coverage of assigned accounts
- Participate in the development of sales plans and strategies
- Continually maintain a high level of cognizance and expertise with respect to the company’s services and technologies, the competitive environment, customer requirements and the emerging trends of the oil and gas industry
- Identify customer/industry requirements concerning new products and applications and communicate information to Sales and Operations management
- Ensure that existing and new customer requirements are well understood and communicated between the Business Development and Operations groups
- Achieve agreed-upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Complete and deliver high quality, timely and accurate communications and administrative responsibilities including but not limited to: activity reports, customer management tool updates, forecasts and plans
- Conduct/Participate in Customer presentations, Roadshows, Exhibitions and other customer engagement programs that are targeted at lead generation and eventual sales.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how products or services meet customer needs;
- Develop custom and effective technical solutions for upstream oil and gas operations, with a focus on Topside Asset Integrity Management and Subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair solutions
- Identify, qualify and close sales opportunities; prioritize actions and plan for sales prospects
Customer Relationship Management:
- Keep abreast with customer plans and problems; assist in the resolution of customer complaints
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management Tool(s) for accounts, including customer profiling, organization charts, visit reports and customer responsibilities
- Attend industry events for networking
- Maintain contact with existing clients by making sure their needs are attended;
- Search for new customers who might benefit from the Company’s products and services in the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Develop long-term relationships with customers by managing and interpreting their requirements;
Research & Knowledge Management:
- Listen for and conduct research on opportunities for other service lines/technologies, market and competitive intelligence and communicate to other teams and management
- Attend training courses to develop knowledge of company’s key technologies, as well as competitor practices and new industry technologies
- Mentor or coach less experienced Sales Representatives
- Comply with all government, industry and company regulations and standards to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, as well as reduce environmental impact
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline. A background in engineering is preferred
- 8+ years of upstream Oil and Gas Sector experience in topsides and/or subsea operations
- Strong technical knowledge of upstream Oil and Gas Sector operations
- Proven ability to anticipate customer’s needs and match them with appropriate products, systems and services
- Good interpersonal and sales skills with customers and inside personnel
- Good relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Strong process orientation
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong writing, public speaking and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to build productive business professional relationships
- Must be able to work independently.
- Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.