Base Admin Manager Job at Solidarites International (SI)
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Admin Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
Duration of the mission: 6 months renewable
Desired starting date: 15/07/18
Contact: Mano Gaudin
About the Job
Under the supervision of the base’s Field Coordinator and with functional relations with the Finance and Human Resources Coordinator, the Base Admin Manager will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Define the needs of administrative and logistics personnel at his/her base, and recruit, train, support and evaluate them according to the resources allocated
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative and logistics teams
- Supervise the base’s HR activities (contracts, pay, taxes, disciplinary measures…) and assist in defining and applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
- Update and analyse budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams and oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Manage his/her base’s cash-flow and ensure that bank accounts and cash boxes are well supplied
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances and validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
The main challenges of the position are:
- Management and capacity building of local staff
- Partners: the main partners are the NGOs of the consortium projects and WFP in Monguno (mainly ALIMA and WFP)
- Context: The specificity and difficulty of the context implies challenges in the carry on of the daily activities
- Catching up: the position is currently in gap and the Base Admin Manager will have to assess the base situation and clean all administrative and financial files upon arrival while setting procedures back into place.
- 2 years of professional humanitarian experience, including a minimum of 1 years at a similar position (at least 1 year international position)
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Strong capacity to take initiatives
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read), essential for writing proposals and reports and for external coordination and representation meetings with other NGOs, UN agencies, donors and governmental bodies.
- Patience, autonomy, flexibility and the ability to adapt are indispensable skills.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of SAGA, HOMERE and EXCEL
- Proven experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts and insecure environments
- Previous experience of management humanitarian fields
- Previous experience in financial reporting, accounting, budget follow up and HR management
- Experience of team management and capacity building
- Good communication and diplomatic skills
- Good organization skills
- The Base admin Manager lives in SI compound with the other international staff. He/she has private room and shares the bathroom and the kitchen.
- The GH is next to the office and located in a residential area.
SI will offer you:
- A salaried post: according to experience from 1980 euros gross per month with a monthly perdiem .
- R&R: during the assignment, a system of R&R is implemented every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 750 USD allocated by Solidarités International). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarites International will cover travel costs).
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Deadline:30th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV only applications will not be considered.
- The vacancy may close before the closing date. Thank you for your comprehension