Education as a Vaccine is a non-profit organization created in 2000 to improve the health and development of children and young people. EVA envisions a Nigeria where children and young people reach their full potentials and work to build and implement innovative and sustainable mechanism for improved quality of life for vulnerable children and young people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Board Member
Authority and Responsibilities
- The Board of Directors is the legal authority for Education as a Vaccine (EVA). As a member of the Board, you act in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
Term and Duration
- Directors are elected by the membership and can serve for a period of 3 year renewable terms.
- Commitment to the work of the organization
- Attendance at board retreats
- Be informed of EVA’s work and programs and publicly support the organization
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the Board
- Be aware and abstain from any conflict of interest.
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of the governance areas listed above.
- Willingness to serve on at least one committee and actively participate in the committee tasks.
- Attend all Board meetings (full board meeting and committee meetings)
- A time commitment of five hours per month, (includes board preparation, meeting and committee meeting time)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge and skills in one or more of the following governance area: policy development, financial management and accounting; strategy and program development (focus on adolescent health and development, gender and human rights, sexual and reproductive health including HIV and AIDS), human resource management; non-profit legal and financial reporting requirements; fundraising; and conflict resolution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online