We are Hypebuzz – An influencer marketing agency, connecting brands with influencers to create standout campaigns that drive actions. Our creator network includes Africa’s top influencers and content creators, Maraji, Lasisi, Lola OJ, Bollylomo and BrodaShaggi and others. Since inception our influencer led campaigns have generated over 100 million views with video content across social media for brands like like Coca-Cola, Unilever, Uber and MTV Base.
Our team is young and dynamic, passionate about entertainment, social media, marketing and business. We want to be a home for the creative community in Africa; to inspire and support creatives to positively impact Africa and the world. We’re a small but growing team and you’ll fit right in if you’re dedicated to being the best at what you do, enjoy challenges and are a self starter. We have a flat hierarchical structure, so there’s no bureaucracy, the most important thing is to get the job done, with integrity, quality and speed and to have fun while you do it.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Creative Marketing Manager
- Hypebuzz is seeking a Creative Marketing Manager who will oversee and direct the creative development and implementation of all marketing activities. In this dynamic, fast-moving role, you will need to apply strong self-organization and time management skills while demonstrating pro-active initiation and follow through on a broad range of actions.
- The ideal candidate possesses not only a firm working knowledge of marketing and promotions but must be proficient in all major desktop publishing applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office amongst other graphic design, file conversion and troubleshooting softwares.
- Marketing Strategy: Creation and implementation of marketing strategies for influencer campaigns in conjunction with brands. Full spectrum campaign planning across production, marketing (digital and traditional), social media, sales, promotion.
- Project Management: Act as the marketing lead for specific projects. This includes conceptualizing the overall marketing plan, budget and strategy for the campaign and then executing it. Ability to assess campaigns and strategically change their course by having an understanding of the process.
- Marketing Plans: The candidate will be responsible for creating well thought out and creative plans for the agency.
- Project Budgeting: Create smart marketing budgets that help deliver maximum visibility while also focusing on the highest return on investment.
- PR Outreach & Guidance: Creation of a strong PR campaign for the company that compliments the other marketing and sales activities.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Creating creative, innovative content, campaigns and events that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies.
- Community Relations: understand, be immersed and have thorough knowledge of the entertainment sector and best practices in digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing.
- Data Driven Analytics: present clear analytics and know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and brand expectations.
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multitask
- Creatively build and manage budgets to support marketing activities
- Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
- Must have strong industry relationships and vision to work with in house and 3rd party PR, Promo and online marketing teams
- Relevant qualifications in PR, Business, Marketing or related field
- Experience strategizing and executing day-to-day marketing activities, campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss projects you’ve worked on).
- Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
- Existing relationships with brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
- Good influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing.
- Must be proficient in all major desktop publishing applications including: Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat. Microsoft office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of graphic design principles, practices, formats, typography, printing and layout.
- Understanding of conversion issues present when using applications across all platforms.
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot problem files.
- Some knowledge of Final Cut Pro or any other major video editing software is a plus.
Job Title: Brand Account Manager
- Hypebuzz is seeking an experienced and driven account manager to win new business and manage brand partners.
- This position will primarily focus on new business development via strategic sales, creative concepting, and project management engagements for brand clients.
- The Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day client relationships, communicating the clients’ needs, determining objectives, success metrics and collaborating with the internal team to ensure that plans are presented and delivered effectively. A passionate, business and sales centric profile is a must.
- Win new business and secure brand partnerships
- Manage new and existing accounts to ensure long-term success and revenue growth
- Build customized presentations to sell campaign and program opportunities to partners
- Manage efforts internally and externally to ensure successful execution of projects
- Create and manage account P&L to maximize profitability and measure ROI
- Proactively communicate with agency, media and production partners to enhance account relationship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Economics, or Business preferred.
- 3-5 Years Experience of Sales Experience, Account Management, or other relevant experience
- A strong network of clients who hold decision making responsibilities for strategic marketing partnerships with brands, agencies and media houses
- Experience in delivering multi-platform brand sponsorship campaigns
- Proven success and experience selling to brands and their agencies
- Experience working with talent is a plus
- A clear understanding of how brands operate
- A strong commercial understanding and a hunger to generate opportunity and revenue
- Skilled at bringing concepts to life through written presentations
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of executives, management and staff
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter, will take initiative with new projects
- Professional demeanour in dealing with clients and co-workers
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work well under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 31st July, 2018.
- Kindly as also include link/attachments to relevant social media pages, previous work or portfolio, publications, certifications, recommendations, etc. where available.