PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Company offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant financial institution connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Trading Business – HTB 001
Reference Number: 130-PEO00853
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- The Head, Trading Business Division will be responsible for identifying opportunities to increase order flow across all asset classes listed and making decisions to enhance trading velocity, total value traded, as well as what tradable products to offer in the market.
- This role reports to the CEO and is also a part of the Executive Management Team. The job holder will be required to have a strong Trading/Sales trading experience and be able to interact with foreign portfolio investors, domestic retail and institutional investors.
- Monitors and responds to market and economic trends to drive trading activities
- Utilizes trading metrics and statistical data to identify areas to increase profitability and improve performance
- Develops and manages strong relationships with foreign and domestic institutional portfolio investors
- Develops new products in addition to Equities, ETFs, Bonds, REITs, etc. that already exist, formulates and implements product policies and initiatives
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for trading efforts across product lines; Market services products (market data, XNet, hosting services, etc.), and market operations income generating activities
- Articulates and provides strategic direction for the Trading business
- Maintains client relationships and continuously enhances the client experience, building rapport with customers and growing positive working relationships
- Reviews and approves market structure, on-line trading programs, and reviews trading systems to improve the Company’s service offering
- Ensures client enquiries about their positions, statements, issues with trading and payment platforms are attended to promptly
- Determines commercial strategy for Trade lines of business; managing product life-cycles and product positioning in the marketplace
- Drives all go-to-market activities that are necessary to achieve client adoption or retention goals, including customer on-boarding, support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for listing efforts for Federal Government Bonds, ETFs and Derivatives.
- Develops the required Key Performance Indicator’s for the Trading Business Division to ensure the delivery of first class service
- Develops annual and quarterly budgeting for the Business Division
- Manages the team to achieve the set goals of the trading business in line with corporate strategy
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field with at least 20 years’ cumulative experience, 13– 15 years’ industry experience and at least 7– 10 years senior management experience.
- Professional certification and active membership of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers ( CIS) or similar certifications (such as FINRA Series and CISI)
- Extensive Industry Knowledge
- Extensive experience in Stock, Bond, or Derivatives Trading/Sales
- Experience in Investment Banking
- Experience with electronic trading systems/platforms
- Demonstrated experience in brokerage/dealer relations/ buy side relations
- Demonstrated understanding of market microstructure and drivers of order flow
Job Title: Head, Listing Business – HLB 002
Reference Number: 130-PEO00854
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The Head, Listing Business Division will be responsible for all primary listing efforts of the Company, the Branch Network, and the listing of State Owned Enterprises. This role reports to the CEO and is also a part of the Executive Management Team.
- The ideal candidate will be a Capital Market industry professional with an understanding of the Primary Market, experience working with Issuing Houses and strong relationship management skills.
- Owns and drives the marketing strategy to attract new companies, Corporate bonds, and other corporate financing instruments to be listed
- Retains and maintains the relationship with existing listed companies to achieve the targeted market capitalisation
- Prepares Dual-Listing agreements with regional and international exchanges
- Builds and maintains strategic partnerships with the Federal and State Governments to attract State Owned Enterprises to be listed
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for listing efforts across equities, corporate bonds, and related products
- Develops the required Key Performance Indicators for the Listings Business Division to ensure the delivery of first class service
- Develops and implements strategies for advocacy and engagement to drive listing efforts across International and Domestic Enterprises
- Manages annual and quarterly budgeting for the division and oversees the same for reporting departments (Primary Markets, Branch Network, State Owed Enterprises)
- Leads and manages team to achieve the listing target of the company
- Ensures that the branch network is efficiently and profitably run
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Law or related fields
- A Master’s degree or MBA is an added advantage
- Professional certification and/or active membership of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers ( CIS)
- Minimum of 20 years cumulative experience, 10 – 15 years’ industry experience and at least
- 5 – 7 years in senior management position
- Experience working with Issuing Houses
- Experience in sourcing bonds/ companies
- Experience in investment banking is highly desirable
- Experience demonstrated at Senior Management – Executive Management cadre of established organisations
Application Deadline 26th July, 2018.