We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor
Job ID: 2018-2527
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Category: Country Program Operations
Job Type: Full time
Department: Malaria Department
Reporting To: Deputy Team Leader, DFID funded project
- Nigeria represents roughly one third of the worlds malaria burden and contributes to a significant amount of morbidity and mortality in women and children
- We are looking for an entrepreneurial, dynamic Technical Advisor. We need this Technical Advisor to have significant expertise and experience in supporting malaria programs in Nigeria. The Advisor will apply their significant skills with a long-term eye, focused on building sustainable results.
- Establish new and maintain direct relations with multiple units within the government and with partners to ensure a coordinated approach and the production of high quality deliverables
- Support the government and partners to facilitate national strategy formulation
- Serve as technical point person to the government and PSI country team regarding approaches to malaria elimination and liaise
- Liaise with PSI global teams regarding technical matters and additional support required to execute country work plans
- Provide broad technical and management support for PSI in Nigeria for the strengthening of malaria in Nigeria
What are we looking for?:
- Education: You hold a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Communications, Marketing, or a similar discipline. Alternatively, you have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of additional relevant experience.
- Collaboration: You are a team player. You work well with others, but you know how to take initiative to get things done. Even when people don’t report to you, you know how to motivate them to adopt new initiatives or change their approaches. Ideally, you’ve worked in settings requiring lots of collaboration before, perhaps on other multi-national/regional activities that require coordinate with multiple partners and institutions.
- Communication: You write with clarity and feel comfortable speaking up when you have something important to say. You’re not afraid of public speaking and have developed good skills in this arena. You have excellent interpersonal skills, with great experience communicating across cultures.
- Initiative: You know what it means to be “thrown in the deep end”. You’ll have support, but your personal initiative to learn quickly and your willingness to try new things will be critical. You don’t wait to be told what to do. You see a need and you meet it, you’re bold. You know that deadlines are important, and you stick to them. In everything you are always driving to achieve results, to make this market more sustainable and more effective at delivering health impact.
- Experience: At least 7 years of demonstrated successful experience in designing and implementing marketing and supporting public private partnerships for health in Nigeria. You have some familiarity with malaria in Nigeria. Nigerian national strongly advised.
- Tech Savviness: You know key stakeholders in both the public and private sector in Nigeria to make and immediate impact. You have a strong understanding of the finical and regulatory policies and procedures in Nigeria and have and understanding on where to provide capacity support to make PPP stronger for the malaria control and the country.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online