Axis Human Capital Limited – Our client, a Tertiary Institution in Ghana, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Academic Director
Reports to: Campus Head
Contract: 2-years (renewable)
- The Academic Director will be responsible for general academic oversight including; curriculum, course development, quality assurance of academic offerings, assessment of learning outcomes, submission of accreditation reports, recruitment and supervision of faculty and academic staff.
- A PhD or Terminal degree required
- Well published in relevant fields of study within the past five years
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, multicultural environment with international faculty, staff, students, parents, stakeholders, etc.
- Teaching experience in US higher education system and/or terminal degree from US educational institution
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Recognized track record in teaching, research, academic leadership and administration.
- Prepare and submit academic accreditation reports as needed
- Implement the institution’s core curriculum for undergraduates and graduate programs
- Teach selected courses for both undergraduate and graduate cohorts (dependent on background and qualifications)
- Update and implement campus specific faculty handbook and evaluations
- Liaise with the head office and local leadership, to expand course offerings
- Generate annual academic affairs budget and monitor relevant expenses
- Willingness and ability to speak at public forums on the institution’s academic offerings and help develop public lecture series.
- Establish and reinforce academic policies and procedures to ensure quality of academic offerings
- Plan and coordinate a balanced curriculum for both undergraduate and graduate programs in consultation with the institution’s head office and local heads of department (HoDs)
- Ensure routine communication with various schools, colleges and departments of the institution’s head office to align the campus’ academic programs with overall mission and policies
- Provide leadership and supervision to HoDs, faculty and academic staff
- Monitor and report on student performance to leadership, collaborating with the undergraduate and graduate advising departments on issues related to academic probation and/or dismissal of students
- Participate in hiring procedures of new faculty and lead faculty orientations and semester meetings as required
- Promote faculty professional development, scholarship and research
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter’s, CV’s, Contact Information for 3 references, and evidence of teaching effectiveness such as prior evaluations and a teaching philosophy statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 31st August, 2018.