Assistant Internal Auditor Job at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, August, 2018
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Internal Auditor
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- B.Sc/HND in Accountancy, Business Management or related fields with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a structured organization.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Support/carry out audit review of assigned areas in administration, research, cost centre and stations;
- Review transaction records for completeness, validity and accuracy.
- Determine whether transactions processed are genuine, reasonable and comply with the institutes policies;
- Carry out physical counts of stock items and cash on need basis;
- Observe performance of tasks and activities and report on observations.
- Prepare draft report on assigned task for supervisor review;
- Perform follow up on past audit recommendation and prepare draft report;
- Upload relevant information on assigned tasks to the Audit Management Software
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of continuous learning.
- Posses inquisitive mind and good interactive skills.
- Possibility to learn new things fast.
- Demonstrate healthy skepticism.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th August, 2018.