Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a Development Finance Institution positioned to empower more micro, small and medium enterprises across Nigeria desires to establish a Credit Guarantee Company(CGC) which would further incentivize banks to lend to the MSME segment, through the provision of credit guarantee coverage for loans made to eligible MSMEs by Participating Financial Instiitutions.
To align with good corporate governance practices, the CGC is envisaged as the wholly-owned subsidiary of the DFI and towards the achievement of this initiative, we seek to fill the strategic position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reference Number: CGF001
- Establish and design the Credit Guarantee Company in cooperation with the assigned external consultant assigned to this task
- Assume responsibility and provide leadership direction towards the overall success of the facility
- Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the CEO will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the fund; develop business strategies and plans; ensure its alignment with short-term and long-term objectives; lead and motivate staff to advance employee engagement; develop a high performing managerial team; and, ultimately oversee all operations and business activities to ensure production of desired results and consistency with the overall strategy and mission of the fund.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s or Postgraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field;
- Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant professional experience or demonstrated high level of success in banking or Finance industry inclusive of 7+ years in senior executive management position in a commercial bank or financial organization;
- Strong credit risk management and lending background and experience;
- Exceptional leadership and management skills with a focus on securing strategic partnerships, business development, people and financial management;
- Proven track record of establishing, managing and growing successful institutions.
- Ability to make effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and evaluation skills;
- Strong strategic thinking skills; ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches in adverse situations;
- Ability to translate strategies into strategic and operational activities.
- Strong leadership, management, supervision, and interpersonal skills;
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter skills;
- Customer centric driven approach;
- Excellent verbal and written communications and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders and financial institutions
- Ability to influence or persuade others to gain acceptance or agreement of ideas and approaches;
Duties and Responsibilities
Design and establishment of the Credit Guarantee Company (CGC):
- Participate in market assessment of MSME and credit guarantee schemes
- Participate in the financial set up and operational structure of the CGC as well as testing and roll out of initial CGC services
- Provide assistance in developing the risk evaluation and monitoring mechanisms of the CGC
- Engage in the development of the fund procedural manuals.
- Establish and manage an effective working relationship with all the stakeholders and beyond, towards the achievement of corporate objectives;
- Decide and Manage the Fund’s extension of credit guarantee facilities to local financial institutions.
- Provide strategic advice to the Board of Directors;
- Develop and position the strategic direction of the CGC to ensure its profitable growth and success
- Lead and influence the implementation and achievement of the strategic and operational plans as well as ensure regulatory compliance;
- Ensure establishment of systems, procedures, and resources required to fulfil the CGC’s mission and reporting requirements
- Direct the development of policies and procedures necessary for the operation of the CGC
- Ensure implementation of all policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors;
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and supervise the recording of minutes at all Board of Directors meetings.
- Lead achievement of the CGC’s financial goals and ensure consistent accomplishment the key performance indicators;
- Ensure consistent oversight of financial position of the CGC to ensure appropriate balance of long-term and short-term finance, as well as provision of adequate cash flow for day-to-day operations;
- Ensure sound financial performance of the company; Provide monthly financial statements and annual reports to the Board of Directors in a timely fashion;
- Ensure appropriate management of the CGC’s liquidity position;
- Supervise investment management of the CGC’s surplus cash to enhance returns while controlling duration and credit risk;
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting for the CGC and its facilities.
Business Development and Customer’s Agenda:
- Ensure maximum focus on the growth of the CGC’s portfolio
- Create and innovate products and services towards strategic competitiveness;
- Foster a climate of customer focus and set the tone at the top for effective business development;
- Lead the achievement of the agreed customer service standards and ensure the leadership, dissemination, understanding and delivery of customer centric services across the fund;
- Work closely with the Board and the executive leadership team to establish and review strategic priorities for key partnerships.
Internal and External Audit/ Risk Management and Compliance:
- Ensure appropriate risk diversification, quality of credit and overall company risk profile;
- Supervise external audit of annual financial reporting and operations and ensure implementation of recommendations;
- Risk and audit functions of the fund must operate independently that of business with regular independent reporting to the Board.
- Ensure embedment of a strong risk, compliance and governance framework across the fund;
- Ensure development and integration of a strong and effective internal audit framework;
- Identify strategic and operational risks, ensure mitigation strategies are in place, and where appropriate, minimize any actual or potential impact;
- Ensure operational areas have an updated risk management framework in line with the fund’s risk management strategies;
- Ensure establishment and compliance with all procedural manuals as well as continuous improvement and updates where necessary;
- Ensure effective risk management of the CGC at enterprise level in maintaining the safety and soundness of the company’s operation; timely accurate reporting to the Board of Directors;
- Understand and implement leadership responsibilities and accountabilities across the fund as well as in accordance with the fund’s policies and applicable laws; employee training, workflow direction, performance appraisal, complaints resolution, and succession planning;
- Appoint, with approval from the Board where necessary, executives who report to the CEO;
- Create and implement a framework for the operation of an effective senior management team;
- Foster and maintain a corporate culture within the CGF that embodies high integrity and the CGC core values.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st September, 2018.