Chief Financial Officer Job Vacancy in a Pensions Company
KPMG Nigeria – Our client is a foremost Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) licensed with the National Pension Commission (PENCOM). The company provides a full range of tailored retirement support services via their Pension Administration and Fund Management portfolios.
In line with the company’s desire to ensure critical roles are filled with individuals with the requisite skills and experience, our Client seeks to hire a top-of-the-class individual with proven track records to occupy the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer – Pensions Company
- The CFO will be responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, as well as the development of its financial and operational strategies.
- S/he will initiate processes to ensure ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve the company’s assets.
- The CFO will direct the fiscal functions of the company in accordance with IFRS, FRCN, PENCOM and other regulatory and advisory agencies.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business administration or related field
- Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA)
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS and Nigerian tax laws
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in financial sector with at least 5 years in Senior Management position
- Understanding of financial techniques and business concepts and ability to express these concepts in clear, concise instructions
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Corporate Finance
- Developing Budgets and forecasting
- Good interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Champion the development of the organisation’s financial strategy by providing critical financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to the executive management team for strategic decision-making
- Lead the design and implementation of the structure of all financial resources and operations by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements; as well as identifying monetary resources and developing action plans
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the company’s finance function and activities
- Stimulate behaviors across the organization to ensure alignment with the company’s strategic and financial objectives
- Leverage financial perspective to improve risk-awareness, strategic decision-making, and performance management integration.
Budgeting & Financial Planning:
- Develop planning strategies covering financial & tax strategies, formulating strategic business plans, managing capital & budgeting process, and developing performance measures
- Prepare and coordinate the proactive monitoring and reporting of the company’s budget positions
- Ensure the approval and proper implementation of company’s budget
- Evaluate the impact of new strategies and regulatory actions on the company.
Financial Reporting & Control:
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; and developing improvements
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; and minimizing the impact of variances
- Ensure company compliance with financial reporting and control requirements, and coordinate periodic financial reporting to executive management team, Board and regulatory authorities
- Analyze and interpret financial data, and recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance of the company
- Accurately evaluate and report all funds under management in line with IFRS
- Engage relevant Board Committees on issues, trends and changes in operating models and financial systems
- Dynamically balance cost and service levels in delivering on the organization’s finance responsibilities
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the executive management team and the Board.
Liquidity & Treasury Management:
- Oversee capital management including monitoring cash balances and forecasts, group debt and equity financing, and investments
- Ensures that optimal liquidity is available to deliver business plan
- Monitor the company’s banking activities for proper running and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions with the cash books
- Participate in developing new businesses and utilizing identified funding opportunities to support the business.
Regulatory & Statutory Relationships:
- Manage relationships with Regulatory and Statutory bodies, i.e. PENCOM, FIRS, States’ Internal Revenue Service etc.
- Coordinate regulatory and supervisory functions, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by approving and ensuring the filing of statements and reports, returns and taxes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online