Paradigm Initiative is a social enterprise that builds an ICT-enabled support system and advocates digital rights in order to improve livelihoods for under-served youth. Our programs include digital inclusion programs – such as the Life Skills. ICT. Financial Readiness. Entrepreneurship (LIFE) training program and Tertiary program – and a digital rights program, Magoyi. Across our offices in Nigeria (Aba, Abuja, Ajegunle, Kano, Yaba) and beyond, we work to connect under-served youth with improved livelihoods through our digital inclusion and digital rights programs.
We are looking for a creative mind to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Reporting to: Communications Officer
- Creating exceptional digital and graphic design work for a variety of projects and activities such as website banners and displays, posters, newsletters, maps, charts, posters, corporate souvenirs, banner, signs and digital reports; and providing support to the Communications Officer on tasks including web and social media management.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Proven video and audio editing skills
- Good knowledge of print media
- Experience with WordPress and Web technologies
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact with other team members, communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry-leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.)
- HTML and CSS knowledge
Key Results Areas
- Timely completion of creative design solutions across multiple platforms from conception to completion.
- Ensure high quality of design, photography, pre-press and printing output at all times.
- Effective capacity building for beneficiaries on PI Programs/Projects
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in project meetings and positive discussions relating to appropriate graphics methods/techniques to meet project requirements
- Coordinate relationship with vendors; preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for final approval;
- Ensure effective running of the organization’s website
- Facilitate training to participants of our L.I.F.E training program and organize community outreaches
- Work on in-house creative briefs to support project teams
- Deliver creative design solutions across multiple platforms from conception to completion
- Design content for websites, newsletters, and media packs etc.
- Create and edit content for Social Media
- Maintain the organization’s website appearance by developing and enforcing contents’ display standards
- Suggest the best visual standards for the overall brand image of the organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th August, 2018.