Field Managers Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Manager
Location: Bade/Potiskum, Yobe State
Slot: 2 Openings
Job Type: Full Time
- The two positions are based in Bade and Potiskum, Yobe State respectively and reports directly to the Area Coordinator.
- The Field Manager will facilitate the good coordination between the various departments in order to support the project objectives as set by the Area Co and Project/Sector Managers.
- The Field Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Field Office and also oversee the programme activities with the support functions.
- Bachelor level degree in Management, Finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, foster teamwork, promote cohesion, bring diverse teams, staff and peer-level colleagues into alignment around work plans and organizational objectives
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Champion of AAH Charter values – professionalism, transparency, neutrality, access to victims, non-discrimination.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an INGO in positions of progressively more responsibility and scope, in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics & Security.
- Previous experience with donor-funded programs.
- Proven experience in contexts with volatile security and safety issues.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicate Action Against Hunger performance standards and expectations to team members.
- Monitor the compliance of ACTION AGAINST HUNGER financial, logistics and HR guidelines.
- Ensure organisational compliance with donor policies and guidelines, in addition to country specific (Nigerian) regulations.
- Provide periodic sessions to clarify and enforce HR procedures and policies and act as the focal point in the base for the roll out of any changes.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Support the documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and proven innovations in programme design, implementation, monitoring and reporting to improve program design and implementation strategy;
- Create a culture of knowledge and information among staff, community partners and opinion leaders, and peers;
- Provide support to ensure that internal and donor timelines and deadlines are monitored, managed and met and reporting mechanisms are strengthened;
- Completion of quantitative and qualitative Activity Progress Reports (APRs) together with the project team.
- Provide periodic sessions to clarify and enforce financial / administration procedures and policies and act as the focal point in the Base for the roll out of any changes;
- Facilitate training/capacity building of all staff on administrative processes where identified as necessary;
- The Field Manager is also expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following Action Against Hunger staff regulations and charter including commitment to gender equality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th August, 2018
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.