Gender Training Support/Consultant Job at Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA)
MEDA is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite business professionals, we partner with the poor to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
Our expertise includes a full range of economic development tools: financial services, improved technology, business training, better access to markets and equity investment. Our work most often focuses on women, youth and the rural poor.
Job Title: Gender Training Support/Consultant
The consultant or firm is to support the development of relevant training materials and, to conduct a five (5) day training workshop on gender awareness and mainstreaming for Lead Firms (LF), and Key Facilitating Partners (KFPs).
The consultant(s) should have the following experience and skills:
- Advanced University degree (master’s degree) in the field of Gender tor other related areas;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Hausa;
- Experience in the integration of gender in curricula development in agriculture value chain is desirable;
- Conduct gender mainstreaming work with businesses and provide practical business-oriented solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in gender mainstreaming in rural development and agriculture projects, including strengthening institutions’ capacities to promote sustainable development practices in the rural and agriculture sector, in developing countries;
- The consultants will be expected to have practical experience of dealing with Gender/presentation and a background in Gender or relative fields;
- Affinity with rural and agriculture development;
Method of Application
- Prepare a detailed Curriculum Vitae showing various professional experience in gender analysis, principles and tools;
- Submit technical and financial proposals;
- A brief description of similar work done indicating the date, nature of exercise and client;
- Indicative timelines.
Submission of Proposals in response to this call must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
How to Apply