Graduate Engineer Recruitment at NigerStar 7
NigerStar 7 is a 100% Nigerian joint venture company that brings together the engineering, installation and project management expertise of Subsea 7 SA, the global seabed-to-surface company in Nigeria, with the fabrication capacity and capability of Nigerdock (a subsidiary of Nigeria’s Jagal).
Based in Lagos, NigerStar 7 is dedicated to serving Nigeria’s offshore oil and gas industry to execute the largest and most complex EPIC deepwater projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Engineer
Vacancy Ref: 59501
Business Area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Overview of Role
- Under supervision, a Graduate Engineer assists more senior engineers to produce detailed engineering relevant to his/her area of specialism. The work scope may include supporting studies and tenders as well as live projects.
- The Graduate Engineer will participate in the Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS) involving off-the-job training, on-the-job development, mentoring and self-development.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Adheres to the training requirements of the GEDS.
- Additional responsibilities/activities specific to the appropriate Engineering Centre may be added as applicable. For example: Participate in offshore assignments as required by project placement.
- Consolidates knowledge in areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Limited awareness of clients’ needs; addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Assists in the production of technical documentation.
- Makes effort to become aware of all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements.
- Participates in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a junior capacity.
- Recognises the objectives for professional development.
- Accept increasing responsibility as more experience is gained Actively seek and execute challenging work tasks Originate documents such as analysis reports, procedures, drawings, Change Control Forms, Dive plans etc.
- Act as company representative at such events as load tests, trial fit-ups etc. Carry out other duties of a Professional Engineer under the supervision and/or approval of a more senior Engineer.
- Prepare and present, Task Risk Assessments, HAZOPs etc. when assigned Prepare procedures and other documents to satisfy company and industry Health and Safety Standards.
- Under direct supervision, produces engineering deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and 3rd-party submissions.
- Can work within time/budget constraints Commitment to Company Values
- Ability to function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Understanding of Pipelines and risers will be added advantage.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Be aware of interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers. Manage change control within own remit on a project.
- This Role Profile outlines the main areas of responsibility; however the role holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities from time to time.
- This position is open only to Nigerians
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th September, 2018.