Group Head – Human Resource Job at Smart Partners Consulting Limited
Smart Partners Consulting – Our client, a Conglomerate company in Nigeria, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Group Head – Human Resource
- Our client, a Conglomerate, due to expansion is in need of a Group Head – Human Resource who will design and implement HR policies and procedures, coordinate effective strategies related to staffing, compensation, performance management, training and professional development, rewards and recognition, benefits, employee relations, policy administration, immigration, employee communications, Human Resources Management System (HRMS) maintenance, metrics and reporting across all geographies with Area HR representatives. Finally, this person will drive operational excellence throughout the organization with a focus on moving the organization forward.
- Skills Development: Identify training/skills/competency needs within the Group. Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line managers. Develop a skills development plan for all staff within the prescribed timeframe.
- Budget & Cost Management. Set salary scales and allowances to ensure parity across the Group. Drive HR-related cost savings and manage HR budgets as set by executive management and working in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
- Compensation Schemes & Benefits Management Review and analyze the group subsidiaries: Jobs / roles Salaries, Ranking and benefit system.
- Policies and Procedures: Develop, update and implement all HR policies and procedures in compliance with cooperate group strategy
- Recruitment and Selection: Attract, retain and motivate staff. Manage the recruitment process for employees and consultants ensuring that the right talent is identified and attracted. Coordinate the advertising of vacancies, assess applications, liaise with head hunters as required and interview applicants.
- Manpower Planning: Organize meetings with Management, plans for manpower as per requirements. Set up the working methodology for succession planning analysis, implementation and monitoring
- HR Reporting: Manage the HRMS. Compile monthly management reports as required.
- Performance Appraisals and Management Formulate effective Performance Appraisal Policy, Procedures and ensure its compliance. Review and analyze the performance appraisal managing process
- Administration. Maintain oversight of all administrative responsibilities of junior HR staff within the Group. Carry out regular internal audits of the HRMS and HR filing system within Sharepoint. Manage the HRMS Payroll System and be responsible for forwarding final Pay Run Excel Data to the Finance Department within the required timeframe. Ensure a close working relationship with the Head of Finance
- Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations. Analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions. Manage the contracting process for employees and consultants. Ensure that the on-boarding and staff induction process is up to date and conducted by HR Line Managers.
- Good planning, organisational, managerial, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people.
- Ability to train and use Initiative.
- Professional approach. Excellent administrative skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. People-centric. Flexible.
Experience and Education
- 1st Degree in any Social Science course
- MBA or MSc in Human Resources
- Certification with any of the following two professional bodies;
- 10 years experience as an HR generalist and an additional minimum 5 years as a top level HR executive.
- Work independently, with a high degree of responsibility.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Fluency in English language and exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assertive nature. Logical thinker. High levels of initiative.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th August, 2018.