Internal Control, Audit and Reconciliation Officer Job Vacancy at Crossover Microfinance Bank
Crossover Microfinance Bank Limited, was first incorporated under the name Pacific Savings and Loans Ltd in 1992. With a new focus and team in 2010 the bank was later rebranded Crossover Savings and Loans Ltd aka Crossover Mortgage Bankers. With the ever growing financial need in the retail sector and with new investors, Crossover remodeled its operations from mortgage to microfinance in 2014 to empower micro and small scale businesses in the retail sector. It commenced full scale microfinance operations in March 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control, Audit and Reconciliation Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- To monitor internal control and ensure that staff comply with the bank’s accounting system and internal control policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of Four (4) years relevant experience; working in a Banking or Microfinance bank setting.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word processing.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge in existing regulatory framework and best practices in internal control and audit.
- Carry out all duties that focus on monitoring compliance with the bank’s internal control policies in the branches and units.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of the company’s bank accounts
- Ensure all outstanding transactions are posted promptly
- Ensure wrong postings of transactions are reversed
- Daily follow up with operations/tellers on outstanding transactions
- Raise exception report on a daily basis
- Check all books of account to ensure they are free of errors.
- Verify all expenses made in the branch, including price verification and certification of payment voucher.
- Check loan forms and files for adequacy, precedent to disbursement.
- Verify client’s business to confirm feasibility precedent to loan disbursement.
- Pay random visit to client site, for account reconciliation.
- Facilitate training of client before disbursement of loan and interview and attends to clients before opening of accounts.
- Ensure all KYC and KYB documents are properly filed before reconciliation.
- Check petty cash book on a daily basis.
- Monitor bank’s assets and identify any obsolete or idle assets for efficient disposal as may be required.
- Prepare compliance and control reports as may be appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Control.
Deadline: 5th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org