Ongoing Recruitment at the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Programme (CCMHP) – Methodist Church Nigeria
Methodist Church Nigeria – The Comprehensive Community Mental Health Programme (CCMHP) is a state-wide programme that is implemented by the Methodist Church Diocese of Otukpo in partnership with CBM International, the Benue State Ministry of Health and Human Services, Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi, and Benue State University Teaching Hospital. The programme is aimed at improved quality of life of people with psychosocial disability in Benue State through scale-up of access to quality services.
Methodist Church Nigeria, is currently recruiting competent persons for the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Location: Otukpo, Benue
Contract duration: 1 year, with a possibility of renewal
- The Project Administrative Assistant will provide finance, secretarial and administrative management support to the project for the successful implementation of CCMHP.
- The Project Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support including providing receptionist services for CCMHP’s Head Office.
The Project Administrative Assistant will:
- Assist the Project Finance Team in maintaining an effective office filing system and managing the document courier service between CCMHP office and its partners as required.
- In coordination with other Project team members, provide assistance in organizing and managing CCMHP meetings and workshops when required.
- Assist Finance Officer in maintaining the imprest account and replenishment of the account on time.
- Conduct periodic checks and reporting on office non-current assets allocated to project personnel.
- Ensure the safety and security of the office staff, assets and premises at all times.
- Supervise security guard services at CCMHP Head Office and report on activities.
- Coordinate with Office Assistants and Transport Officers in carrying out office administration and support duties.
- Support the Project team in ensuring stationery and other office consumables are available in the offices at all times.
- Assist the Project in providing logistics support for booking travel and accommodation for staff and Consultants, and in processing required travel authorizations.
- Provide support to CCMHP staff and Consultants in coordinating appointments, preparing and disseminating materials and in formatting technical documents, reports and presentations.
- Supervise Office Cleaners to maintain clean and tidy office premises.
- Work with the Finance team in ensuring strict compliance of project personnel with internal controls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The Project Administrative Assistant should:
- Possess a National Diploma or Higher in Office Management, Secretarial Studies, Accounting, English, Mass Communication or related field.
- Have at least one-year experience in an Administrative Assistant position with responsibilities as described above. Experience working with non-governmental organizations is an added advantage.
- Be fluent in any one of Benue State local languages and English Language.
- Demonstrate proficiency skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite including spreadsheet, word processing, and electronic mail.
- Be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and good oral and written communication skills.
- Be highly self-motivated, focused, disciplined professional with a drive and dynamism to work under pressure with competing deadlines, and possess the ability to make an immediate impact.
- Demonstrate ability to work under minimum supervision with resilience, prioritize tasks and take initiative.
- Have experience in managing the logistical aspects of workshops, training courses or meetings.
- Be results-driven and able to deliver on set targets with networking capabilities and able to manage competing priorities.
- Have prior experience in managing objectives with the customer in mind.
- Possess good record keeping skills.
Job Title: Project Transport Officer
Location: Otukpo, Benue
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Project Transport Officer will work within the Finance & Administration department and be committed to providing reliable and compliant support to CCMHP activities in order to achieve efficient service to project beneficiaries.
- The Project Transport Officer will provide safe and reliable transport services and other logistics support to the project.
- The Project Transport Officer will ensure the safety and security of CCMHP vehicle and will keep proper records of vehicle related documentation.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Person Specification
- Must demonstrate good driving skills with extensive driving experience with a good driving record including complying with security and safety measures in driving and maintaining CCMHP’s vehicle.
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license and any related documentation required for driving a vehicle with passengers.
- Must be educated to school certificate level with basic knowledge of vehicle mechanical work.
- Must possess at least four years’ related experience in vehicle fleet management in a reputable organization; knowledge of the road network in Benue State and working experience with a Non-Governmental Organization are added advantages.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills, both spoken and written English.
- Must be honest, dedicated to duty and accountable.
- Must be able to act consistently in line with CCMHP’s values.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and coordinate transport and logistics activities under the supervision of own Line Manager.
- Should be computer literate particularly in Excel and Word packages.
Deadline: 4.00PM; 6th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one page Application Letter (using the position reference as subject) clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, with relevant copies of your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, interested persons could submit hard copies of their applications and relevant copies of their credentials at the “CCMHP Office situated near the Archbishop’s House, Methodist Church Nigeria, Behind Jesus College, Otukpo”.
All applications must be addressed to:
The Project Coordinator,
Comprehensive Community Mental Health Programme,
Near Archbishop’s Office,
Methodist Church Nigeria,
- Include your valid telephone number, e-mail address and current contact address in your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CCMHP is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, citizenship, or disability status whether physical, sensory or mental disability.