Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a whole new company reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Category Brand Manager – Gum & Candy (West Africa)
Req #: 1809461
Location: Lagos, Lagos NG
Job Category: Marketing
- Leads the implementation of the cluster/market category P&L delivery as agreed in AC/RFC’s. The role also generates successful link between the cluster/market and category.
- The role is the category representative / point of contact with the Market Sales teams. Delivery of plan through superior consumer and customer activation
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the ideal candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Marketing or applicable working experience
- Excellent Knowledge of English language
- Strong PC literacy (Excel, PP)
- Strong people management skills, communication skills
- Idea Leadership and Drive for Results
- Handling Complexity, problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
- Business Acumen, Organizational agility
- Project leadership skills
- Strong planning skills
The incumbent should be role model in:
- Target-Setting for Respective KPI and accountability for results
- Effective Use of Assets
- Determinate Facts & Figures from the operations and Create a Section Budget
- Set-up of Corrective Actions in Case of Deviations and ensure execution
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in blue chip multinational FMCGs in both marketing & Sales roles with involvement in broad commercial issues.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and execution of outstanding marketing programmes based on consumer insights.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and introduction of new products and marketing opportunities and brand repositioning.
- Influencing senior teams.
- Multi-cultural exposure.
In line with the job purpose, key accountabilities will entail the following:
- Leads the execution and performance of annual category marketing plans in the country / cluster aligned with the category strategy for P&L delivery with a monthly / quarterly and annual horizon.
- Implements superior consumer and customer activation of agreed brand equity, renovation and innovation 4-2-1 ‘s
- Leads the execution of the IMC programs, working with BU category activation, agencies, and drive local adaptation of brand communication
- Manages connection & media planning and buying locally
- Ensures effective working relationships and cross functional alignment of the category marketing plans with RCT, Sales (Category Planning & KAM) CI, CS&L and Finance and agency leadership to ensure effective in market brand activation in accordance with brand plans, activation strategy, schedule and calendar
- Manages required investment, prioritization, resources and enablers in order to deliver category targets
- Collaborates with the Equity &Innovation teams to develop insight led and strategically relevant communication that drive brand health and category growth within the cluster/market
- Feedbacks into product development and service offers; collaborate to create, launch and track performance of product and service offerings in our markets
- Manages marketing spend budgets & improve profitability (ROI) across the cluster/market
- Understands local Sales capacity execution capability and coordinate with Category Lead and market GM’s on cross category priority alignments.
- Provides thought leadership to the cross-functional category team to enhance synergies across the cluster/market and aligned execution of strategic and operational plans
- Builds differentiating capabilities to ensure superior execution at the point of buying.
- Typically works with a timeframe for less than 12 months
Key Performance Indicators:
- Brand / Category P&L @ AC, Revised Forecasts – Volume, revenue, gross margins %, Net contribution % at Market level
- Cluster Category P&L
- Market Share Markets
- GTN efficiency and ROI
- A&C spend effectiveness and ROI’s
- Brand penetration / frequency in market
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out the role accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the company
- Work together with all your peers and customers. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on their input.
- Exemplify the company’s Higher Purpose & Values in practice – this will be a key part of your annual development cycle.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online