Heartland Alliance International – Nigeria, one of the world’s leading anti-poverty and a services based human rights organizations, works in communities in the U.S. and abroad to serve those who are homeless, living in poverty, or seeking safety. It provides a comprehensive array of services in the areas of health, housing, jobs and justice – and leads state and national policy efforts, which target lasting change for individuals and society.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Req ID: 5315
FT/PT: Full time
Employment Type: Temporary
From: Carolina Ramazzina Van Moorsel, Associate Director, Sub-Saharan Africa
Program Name: Heartland Alliance International-Nigeria USG Contracts Training
Performance Date: 3 days in any of the following months: September, October, or November 2018Purpose
- Heartland Alliance International is seeking a consultant to conduct training on US Government Contracts for our staff in Abuja, Nigeria for 3 days.
- The training should cover procurement, financial, human resources, project management, and other elements of contract management including key clauses in the FAR, AIDAR, and other relevant regulations to implement USAID and other USG contracts.
- Training may be conducted as web-based or in country.
Request for Proposals
The vendor will complete the deliverables per the following schedule:
- Development of curriculum for a 3-day training (or as the vendor recommends) to be shared with HAI before training start-date;
- Materials that need printing or collated must be sent to HAI 5 days prior to service start-date;
- Development of pre and post tests for training;
- Prepare a file of resources for USG Contracts (PowerPoint, documents, etc.);
- Conduct USG Contracts training for 30 attendees;
- Training report;
HAI is seeking two trainers that meet the following criteria:
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- Must have ability to travel to Nigera for up to 7 days;
- Extensive knowledge of FAR, AIDAR and USG Code of Federal Regulations, experience with HIV/AIDS and/or health awards strongly preferred;
- Experience working with non-profit organizations or NGOs;
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa or other cross-cultural environments preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application in English to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include the following:
- A letter of interest, indicating how your skills and experience meet the qualifications listed above;
- The letter should include the following elements:
- Daily rate requested: Daily rate will be based on verified past assignments.
- Dates of availability: Dates may need to be adjusted
- A summary of relevant past performance or a résumé or CV (no more than four pages) for individuals; include three references (individuals or organizations).
- A draft budget, including consultation fees and all other consultancy-related expenses to meet the above-described deliverables, including travel. There is no preferred budget format.
Application Deadline 15th August, 2018.
Job Title: Multimedia Storytelling Consultant
Req ID: 5316
FT/PT: Full time
Employment Type: Temporary
- HAI seeks to use a multimedia platform to better showcase its life-changing work in Nigeria with a broad range of audiences.
- The selected production company will be expected to work alongside HAI’s country teams to artistically showcase the trajectory and impact of its IMHIPP Program and Greenhousing model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-Trip planning: work closely with HAI’s External Relations department and country teams to craft a clear scope of work and timeline for each country.
In Country Responsibilities:
- Work with staff to identify key storytellers to capture meaningful stories that succinctly show case HAI’s key programs and models through short clips of character stories, a program video, photos, and a written report. In Nigeria, this will focus on HAI’s IMHIPP Program and greenhousing model.
- Plan and lead a story telling training session with in-country staff for two (2) days
- We are looking for outstanding professionals who have a demonstrated passion for human rights work to help highlight the major impacts of a nine-year HIV/AIDS program. Candidates who meet the below criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 5-8 years of experience producing documentaries both in the public of private sector;
- Willingness and ability to travel across Nigeria for a duration of approximately 10 days;
- Members of crew must have past experience with international travel and to remote locations; preferably West Africa;
- Crew must be willing to undergo a security training and briefing before travel;
- Commitment to advancing human rights
- Plan and lead a story telling training session with in-country staff for two (2) days;
- Submit a written report highlighting the trajectory and main accomplishments of the program and HAI’s green-housing model.
- Develop two (2), four (4) minutes characters stories;
- Produce one (1) seven (7) minute program video;
- Capture 35 still professional photos;
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
- Only vendors which meet the requirements as stated above will be considered.
- MWDBE are encouraged to apply.