Job Vacancies In A Renowned Ultra-Luxury Hotel
Great Career Consult – Our client, a leading ultra-luxury hotel in the hospitality industry, is currently seeking a detail-oriented, reliable, experienced restaurant supervisor to join our growing team as:
Job Title: Food Runner
Locations: Lagos and Asaba
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring each customer’s food order is delivered promptly and without mistakes.
- He/She will organize food tickets, communicate with cook staff to ensure each course is distributed and ready in order, and deliver the completed meals to the customer’s table.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure each food ticket item is communicated to correct chef
- Follow all instructions from expeditor
- Sort and organize incoming food tickets
- Maintain orders according to each table and food ticket
- Ensure each order is prepared to the restaurant’s and guest’s specifications
- Promptly deliver each course as it is prepared to the correct table and in order
- Communicate clearly any additional orders or needs the guests may have to cook staff or expeditor
- Serve water to guests and refilling beverage glasses as needed
- Place and replace silverware as needed
- Deliver beverages from the bartender
- Answer guest questions or listen to their concerns
- Remove guests’ dirty dishes and utensils
- Deliver used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Direct guests to restrooms or exits as needed
- Assist kitchen staff with preparing ingredients
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- Willing to work nights, holidays, and weekends
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Excellent at verbal communication
- Works well and efficiently under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of staff and management
Job Title: Restaurant Supervisor
Locations: Lagos and Asaba-Delta
- In this position, who will play a key role in managing all aspects of the restaurant business. Supervisors will be responsible for maintaining quality and increasing profitability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure customer satisfaction through promoting excellent service
- Respond to customer complaints tactfully and professionally
- Maintain quality control for all food served
- Analyze staff evaluations and feedback to improve the customer’s experience
- Project future needs for goods, kitchen supplies, and cleaning products; order accordingly
- Oversee health code compliance and sanitation standards
- Look for ways to cut waste and decrease operational costs
- Generate weekly, monthly, and annual reports
- Train new employees and provide ongoing training for all staff
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Hospitality required
- Significant work experience in the hospitality industry and in management
- Strong working knowledge of food and beverage service
- Ability to use restaurant management software
- Strong leadership skills
- Decisive and critical thinker
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Locations: Lagos and Asaba, Delta
- We are seeking an organized and responsible Maintenance Manager who has excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- The ideal candidate would manage maintenance staff and understand mechanical and technical work, including delegation of tasks, tracking mechanical performance, and directing the processes of any necessary repairs.
- The primary duty is to ensure the smooth daily operation and guest appeal of the hotel.
- Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs (performing quality checks of all machinery, tools, equipment etc).
- Troubleshoot problem areas and create a clear plan of action for fixing necessary parts.
- Hotel Maintenance Manager may also manage maintenance workers and participate in hiring, training and mentoring staff.
- More complex problems may require the chief engineer to consult blueprints or product manuals in order to fix boilers or air-conditioning motors.
- Within the hotel, Maintenance Manager may direct the maintenance staff on small repairs, such as patching drywall, fixing faulty wiring, or unclogging drains.
- Additionally, hotel chief engineers may evaluate a staff member’s cumulative performance, noting areas for improvement.
- Record and track daily progress/error reports.
- Maintain vendor relationships and order new materials as needed.
- Create and adhere to maintenance budgets.
- Enforce all health and safety rules and regulations according to state/federal laws and company protocol.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in any related field preferred.
- Previous experience in maintenance, preferably in the hospitality industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of mechanical systems.
Skills and Requirements:
- High degree of flexibility
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Willing to work at short notice or in emergency at all times
- Ability to lead a team and deliver results to deadlines
- The ability to control costs purchasing via a tightly controlled budget
- Knowledge of the current health and safety legislation.
- The ability to diagnose and repair day to day repairs.
- Effective at dealing with maintenance issues such as re-decoration, electrics, basic plumbing, piping, AC etc.
- The ability to create bespoke risk assessments for unusual tasks.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org(indicate the position applied as subject of the mail)
Application Deadline 31st August, 2018.
- CV’s should be in MS Word format and any applicant who applies more than once for this job post will be disqualified automatically
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after review of applications.