Job Vacancy for College Librarian at the Federal College of Education Okene
The Federal College of Education, Okene, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the vacant position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Okene, Kogi
- The College Librarian has responsibility for administering the College library and for providing Library services to the entire College Community. He reports to the provost.
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty.
- Applicants must also have contributed to knowledge through research and publication in reputable journals, such publications and books should be at the level required of a Chief Lecturer Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of computerized library services will be an advantage.
- Candidates should have worked In College of Education system at the level of Deputy Librarian for not less than 5 years
- Please note that only the date declared by you at the date/point of entry of your existing appointment will be accepted and this will be verified
- Applicants must possess a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from a recognised University and Should in addition, have at least 18 years relevant experience.
Conditions of Service
The Conditions of Service are the same as those obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education system in Nigeria. Salary and other fringe benefits are as applicable to Principal Officers of Federal Colleges of Education.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, which must include the following information:
- Full Names (Surname underlined)
- Post Desired
- Marital Status
- Number of children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Geo-Politcal Zone
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological Order
- Present Employer, status and salary
- Extra Curricular/Activities
- Publications in Standard Form
- Date available to assume duty if appointed
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees on of whom must be the present employer.
Report from the three referees are to be forwarded directly to the “Registrar and Secretary to Council”. Such Referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capability as well as noted uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted under Confidential Cover, in envelopes marked at upper left-hand corner “College Librarian” and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education, Okene,
P. M. B. 1026, Okene,
Application Deadline 4th October, 2018.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.