DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
- DevTech Systems, Inc. implements the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The Activity provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
- We are seeking a highly qualified senior MEL specialist with project management experience to manage these efforts.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Development Studies, Education, Statistics, Political Science, Public Policy, or another relevant technical subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of progressively responsible professional experience in M&E and international development in education including: early grade reading assessment, literacy, girls’ quality and education, access to education, higher education
- Minimum of 5 years in project management, preferably with USAID
- Expertise in data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Expertise in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations of development interventions, including experimental and quasi-experimental methods.
- Excellent team work, inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills.
- Expertise in tailoring blended learning and presentations to a variety of audiences, including USAID, implementing partners, and government stakeholders.
- Ability to ensure the timely delivery of quality reports and other deliverables related to M&E and performance management.
- Familiarity with Early Grading Reading Assessment (EGRA)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given)
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities
- Strong organizational skills to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with mid and high-level partner contacts, the host government, and the local communities.
- Ability to apply Agency regulations and procedures to daily work requirements
- Professional fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Professional fluency in Hausa, written and spoken.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) specialist provides technical support to USAID and its implementing partners (IP).
- Under the guidance of the Senior MEL Specialists and the Chief of Party (COP), the specialist will work with the MEL Activity’s Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and other USAID technical staff to develop methods and systems required to meet the deliverables required for MEL tasks. These tasks are as follows:
- Review education evaluation scopes of work
- Manage education evaluations, including analyzing and interpreting the results of surveys and gathering and analyses for assessments, evaluations, baselines, data quality assessments and other M&E data gathering efforts.
- Provide key expertise in the design and analysis of results, and support capacity-building related to the Mission’s goal of furthering collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) internally and with its partners.
How to Apply