Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
Job Title: Technician
Reporting to: Associate Manager, Operations (Nigeria)
- The role requires working closely with various internal and external stakeholders across functions like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Clearing and warehousing agents to provide seamless supply chain and operations across Nigeria.
- The incumbent shall be based in Lagos, Nigeria. The role may involve a travel of about one 2-4 days every month.
The ideal candidate:
- Education Qualification: Graduate
- Work Experience: Experience in Handling Electrical and Electronics hardware repair work.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Minimum College/ Vocational Technical diploma in electronics/ computer electronics/ electronics engineering
- Proficiency certificate/ICDL in Microsoft office suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during work, including Sun King clients
- Good analytical & time management skills
- NITA/ERC certification will be considered as an added advantage.
- Repair, service and harvesting of Sun King products in the service centre and on field assignments.
- Follow laid-down ISO repair procedures on every day repair job.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and fellow energy officers.
- Do on-site installation of Sun King units upon assignments.
- Setup, clean, operate and test units before releasing all repaired item.
- Perform client education on the functionality of the items repaired and serviced.
- Assist the DTV EasyBuy staff when needed at the Service Centre in fault explanation to customers.
- Follow laid down MOT (means of testing) activities.
- Ensure compliance with RTAT (return turnaround time) activities and follow-through set of instructions.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Excellent communication skills & energy and the ability to handle challenges and rapid growth
- Any other duties as assigned.
How to Apply