First Excelsia Professional Services is a firm of highly versatile and renowned Human Resources, Organisational Development and Management consultants with a team of over a hundred employees spread across Nigeria. We have an in-depth understanding of the Nigerian business terrain and we are very passionate about partnering with indigenous organisations to develop glocalised HR solutions, processes and structures required to develop and effectively drive our clients’ corporate strategies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Information Technology
- The IT Associate, will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions. Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems.
- The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager and other immediate supervisors.
- Maintain existing equipment to standards determined by the IT Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensuring that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers or partner organizations as required.
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- A Degree from a recognized university with top marks in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 1-3 years relevant IT/industry work experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant Microsoft certification
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/Mac hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Windows desktop (7/8) experience
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 support
- Active Directory administration
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- Excellent Writing and oral communication skills
- Good research skills, including ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis
- Knowledge of Android technologies, Smart Phones, LAN and Wi-Fi configurations
- Experience with admin of Microsoft systems such as Exchange, Navision, IIS, or Sharepoint.
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
- Carry out initial site visit, document the site characteristics, evaluate the implications of site conditions to construction and prepare a report.
- Carry out all tasks that are necessary for the construction to commence effectively and complete the start-up checklist for approval.
- Prepare or modify the standard contract for site specific issues, discuss it with the Site Foreman and manage it throughout the construction period.
- Prepare or modify the standard schedule of materials, prepare materials requisitions, confirm orders and deliveries, ensure proper materials acceptance procedures are duly applied, retrieve from site and forward to headquarters the delivery notes and invoices, request payments and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Source qualified Site Foremen (where necessary), skilled and unskilled labourers, manage labour records, manage labour payments, retrieve from site and forward to headquarters the invoices and time sheets, request payments and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Carry out day-to-day monitoring of progress of work on site, tracking to ensure programme targets are met, planning and implementing remedial measures in case of programme slippage, including feedback information for programme improvement. Carry out early morning daily calls, prepare daily email reports and prepare weekly work programmes.
Workmanship and Quality Control:
- Communicate the quality standards, implement procedures to ensure that work meets them, monitor and provide feedback information for improved quality.
- Compute or modify budget estimates for approval, prepare payment requests for approval, confirm and record payments completed and balances and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Implement the proper entering and updating of site records including the site book, invoices, time sheets and prepare summary reports as required.
- Ensure the employment of only desirable workers on the Academy sites, maintain smooth labour relations and provide feedback information for improved quality.
- Should have good knowledge of basic construction technology and practices.
- Should be a good planner, well organized and able to carry out simple analysis tasks.
- Should be able to source skilled labour locally and handle labour-related issues arising on site from time to time.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
- Good people management skills that result in timely meeting of deadlines
- Ability and willingness to accept instructions, accept criticism and positive feedback, while being very adaptable and flexible
- Minimum Qualifications; Higher Diploma in Building, Construction, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or any related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in site supervision on busy sites preferably in labour intensive project
- Should have good knowledge of basic construction technology and practices.
Job Title: Field Architect
- Carrying out detailed initial site survey including site analysis
- Carrying out architectural designs including site planning, schemes, and detailed design
- Preparing preliminary, schematic and detailed architectural drawings
- Measuring existing facilities and preparing measured drawings
- Preparing, maintaining and updating detailed schedules of completed facilities
- Construction work supervision and audit
- Degree in Architecture;
- Specialist knowledge of ArchiCAD required
- Experience doing site measurements, architectural design & drawing, and site work supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible to changing conditions.
Job Title: Construction Quality Inspector
- The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for maintaining quality and consistent construction management practices at all times.
- The Inspector will work in conjunction with the construction supervisors and the foremen to ensure the timeliness of project construction and completion as well as the adherence to provided specifications.
- The Inspector will report to the Construction Project Manager at headquarters. Each inspector will be in-charge of 5 to 10 sites at any given time.
- The role requires travel around Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- Good knowledge of current construction technology and practices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction management
- Well- organized with excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Able and willing to accept feedback including instructions, corrective and positive feedback
- Able to interact with all parties onsite and be able to implement Quality policies and procedures.
Job Title: Real Estate Program Associate
- The Real Estate team identifies potential land deals in target communities and executes on leases.
- The Programme Associate, Real Estate is the “glue” that keeps everything together – managing interdependencies and working with managers and individual contributors alike to ensure that targets are met and processes are followed.
- Manage the real estate lifecycle across all active plots; you should know every detail there is to know, and be able to report on the statuses/issues with every plot
- Monitor new plots submitted through the GIS system; coordinating with legal for validation of deals
- Manage of daily work plans for field staff including validating schedules and work output
- Organise Real Estate files and ensure all documentation and process are in order
- Provide general administrative support to your supervisor and the rest of the team as needed
- BA/BS degree with at least 2 years of work experience
- Project management experience in fast-paced environments with clear cut targets
- Experience coordinating projects within Real Estate, Physical Planning, or Construction preferred
- Experience working in startups/fast-growth companies a HUGE plus
- Tech/systems savvy; great with Microsoft Office and learning new tech products
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
- The Construction Project Manager shall be responsible for the successful completion of site works in time, within set budgets and to specification using a highly consistent, efficient and effective formally systematized methodology.
- Pre-start process including review of the initial site appraisals, site layouts, site preparation details and budgets and statutory approval documentation.
- In charge of site preparation processes, programmes organization.
- Start-up of site work including organising site visits, site staff travel, site work pre-requisites, site documentation and site foremen deployment.
- On-site work planning and organisation, site instructions and site inspections, work certification; on-site trouble shooting and problem solving, handover and project shut down.
- Participating in facilitating training, work study and staff management.
- Inter-departmental communications including periodic reporting, construction updates and correspondence.
- Provide feedback on design and process standardisation including design of process, procedures and tools; determination of labour resource requirements; review of designs, drawings and contracts; and feedback on design implementation and buildability.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a busy and dynamic work environment handling multiple projects in multiple locations concurrently.
- Degree in any of the building and construction professions; Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Civil & Structural Engineering, Building Construction or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Construction Management, Project management shall be an added advantage.
- Excellent MS Project (or other) knowledge & skills
Job Title: Country Managing Director
Our client in the Educational Sector, is recruiting to fill the position of: Country Managing Director
- The Managing Director will learn the full spectrum of business operations and business methods from the outgoing Managing Director as well as from the extended global team.
- The Managing Director should expect to work as an intrepreneur in Lagos.
- While the Managing Director will have full corporate support and benefit from the lessons learned and processes developed over 9 years from the operations of the company as well as from being in operation in Nigeria for 2 years, this is a role that will require fearless, dogged, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Drive continued market expansion in Nigeria, including managing a team of 600+ staff and growing which is needed to execute in-country strategy and operations
- Work with and leverage team support from the global teams and support offices across the 7 countries we operate in to ensure in-country operations are aligned to global processes and systems
- Refine and execute country strategy to ensure sustainable operations at scale and deliver the maximum learning impact to the children of
- Refine and create highly-structured, insightful processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach alongside the in country senior leadership team, to continue expansion and to support operations at
- Project manage the moving parts of the day to day operation by ensuring each function is operating on time, on budget and on
- At least 10 – 15 years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience
- At least one work experience that required highly independent work in an exceedingly challenging environment
- Work experience at top corporations (in emerging markets and the US or UK) balanced by a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and data-driven decision-making, including the ability to flourish in dynamic, ambiguous environments
- Strong business network with senior executives in private business, government and civil society spheres in the specified country
- Prior full time work experience in the specified country
- Prior experience starting a start-up; secondarily, prior experience as an early hire at a start-up who remained with the company through to profitability, acquisition, or
- Work experience in a highly political industry, where ideological conflict is common and strategy, ingenuity, negotiation and persuasion are necessary for
- Ability to manage a very broad scope of work; front office, back office, development, regulatory
- Willingness and comfort working in a Global matrix, willingness to learning and input from the global functional
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and graduate institution.
Deadline: 31st August, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.