Latest Vacancies at Hello Tractor
Hello Tractor is a social enterprise focused on improving food and income security throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Our low-cost “Smart Tractor” pairs its owner with hundreds of farmers, requesting and pre-paying for tractor services via SMS messages. We coordinate this pairing seamlessly through our cloud-booking platform.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Success Manager
- The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for leading our customer success team.
- You will also be responsible for creating the best experience for our customers.
- You must be a highly effective communicator who is organized, efficient, and adaptable.
- You’ll be in constant communication with our customers, beginning with understanding their needs.
- You will be part of a high performance and quickly growing team at Hello Tractor that is making it easier for tractors to reach farmers in need of mechanization services.
- You must possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and be a team player.
- The ideal candidate will be as passionate about Hello Tractor as they are about providing an exceptional experience for every customer and are motivated by shared success.
- We’re looking for a driven, innovative CSM who is interested in using their customer relationship management and strategic leadership skills to help us achieve our goal of being a trusted and valued partner for our customers.
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing and deploying customer success strategies to retain customers
- Building and operating processes to streamline and strengthen communication with customers
- Providing day-to-day management of customer issues and questions
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to grow new business and drive in-account expansion
- Working closely with Product and Engineering teams to identify opportunities for future product functionality and provide insight on customer experience
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing to ensure the appropriate onboarding and training plans and ensure they are communicated effectively to prospects
Additionally, the Customer Success Manager should be able to:
- Define processes and KPIs to ensure process adherence
- Define Customer Success Management metrics and process for strategic accounts
- Surpass targets and drive team performance
- Tackle multiple accounts
- Create customer training plan and templates
- Prioritize customer needs based on resource availability and importance
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3-5 years’ experience leading customer service teams
- Superb communicator
- Hard worker
- Team player
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Experience managing a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Customer Success Manager” in the subject line
Job Title: Managing Director
- Do you want to drive technological change across Africa? Are you passionate about creating innovative solutions for smallholder farmers?
- Do you enjoy leading and inspiring teams? If you answered yes, then we have a phenomenal opportunity for a motivated and entrepreneurial professional to join the Company as our Managing Director – Nigeria.
- You should be a proven leader with deep knowledge of the agricultural technology space.
- As the Managing Director, you will oversee the significant acceleration of our current activities in Nigeria and West Africa.
- This is a meaningful role and requires someone who is passionate about leading teams in dynamic environments.
- Lead and sustain a team of 15+ passionate innovators
- Build the regional strategy to drive growth and expansion across our Nigerian and West African markets
- Increase operational efficiency and improve internal systems, policies, and procedures
- Manage and report on country office financials and regulatory compliance
- Strengthen the company’s brand across different marketing channels and events
- Synthesize feedback, results, and performance to leadership
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree with at least 5+ years of experience in a management position
- Strong analytical, critical and business discernment, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with two-sided marketplace
- Collaborative, high energy, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com Please put “Managing Director – Nigeria” in the subject line.
Job Title: Partnerships Manager
- We have a fantastic opportunity for a Partnerships Manager to join our team. You will be working with a team of innovative professionals who are passionate about what they do and will expect no less from you.
- The position will support and assist the Chief Operating Officer and other team members with all aspects of Hello Tractor’s donor-funded programs.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative professionals who want to drive program development to support the proliferation of mechanization by establishing and building partnerships with private and public-sector partners.
- Passion to apply project management, monitoring and evaluation, and impact reporting is an absolute must.
- If it is a good mutual fit, you will pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for:
- Project Management: oversee and manage implementation of all donor-funded activities
- Program design: design impact programming to support smallholder farmers access mechanization services
- Strategic communications: develop and share content on program results with internal team and external audiences; document key findings, challenges, and impact of our work
- Business development: identify funding opportunities that support strategic partnership objectives and build relationships with relevant companies and organizations; develop proposals and pitch potential partnerships
- Monitoring and evaluation: capture relevant project data and metrics to share with internal and external
- Donor relations: report and respond to all donor-related requests
Additionally, the Partnerships Manager should:
- Cultivate and nurture external relationships with business partners, NGOs, and government to achieve program milestones and objectives
- Develop partnership materials needed by partners to promote our products, programs, and impact
- Remain up-to-date on trends and developments in our industry
- Represent the organization in external high-level meetings, workshops and conferences.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree with at least 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Strong analytical, critical and business judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with different kinds of stakeholders
- Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Excellent writing skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Partnerships Manager” in the subject line.
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
- Hello Tractor has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer who can work at a high level across the enterprise.
- You will be working with a world-class team of professionals who are enthusiastic about what they do and will expect no less from you. Having an insatiable hunger for learning new technologies and improving existing ones is key.
- Passion to apply technology to meet the needs of low-income farmers is an absolute must.
- The CTO is responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of our web and mobile infrastructure.
- You will work with Executive Management to expand our products capabilities, aligning them with our enterprise customers, which include large dealers and tractor manufacturers (OEMs).
Using practical approaches, the CTO will work alongside the technology team to attain our goals. Among these objectives are:
- Building Cloud services in the domain of the Internet of Things
- Web & Mobile application and services that interact with IP devices and web services
- Build & Expand web and mobile app features
In addition, we expect the CTO to:
- Collaborate with CEO and Product Manager to develop product / technology roadmaps and strategy
- Build overall organizational alignment and consensus for product/technology roadmaps and strategy
- Lead execution of common, cross-company projects as derived from Roadmaps domestically and internationally
- Ensure that all products meet appropriate national and international codes and standards
- Own the overall systems architecture
- Understand the “total cost of doing business” implications beyond the cost of hardware & software
- Present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, including senior management, customers, partners and industry groups, to adopt recommended design solutions
- Keep well-informed of, and educate leadership concerning technological advances associated with IoT
- Develop relationships with Universities / Research Groups associated with IoT Technologies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Willingness to relocate to Nairobi, Kenya.
- BS in related field and about 10 years experience in the Information Technology arena
- Prior experience of leading engineers or strategic initiatives as senior developer or team lead hungry for that next step (to CTO).
- Willingness to travel to rural areas for stakeholder meetings, partner engagement and platform launch activities.
- Willingness to travel (international) for enterprise customer meetings
- Preference for prior experience in and exposure to IoT and blockchain technologies
Strong Cloud Background:
- Deep understanding of large scale computing solutions, including software design and development, database architectures, IP networking, security, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of cloud security, orchestration, management
- Experience with deploying and managing public and/or private clouds using Amazon Web Services or similar infrastructure service
- Familiarity with the “Internet of Things” space
- Proficient in fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Ability to pick up multiple technologies (including back end, front end and mobile)
- Experience working within a cross-functional team to provide technical expertise in the design and planning of system solutions
- Capability to simplify, streamline and automate to increase system scalability and reliability, improve efficiency, and minimize errors
- Prioritization skills that finds a good balance between strategic initiatives, product feature development, and day-to-day technical operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams through influence
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction essential
- Desire for and comfort with wearing multiple hats a major plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com Please put CTO in the subject line.
Note: There will be Bonus if your application comes with a portfolio or link to Github, BitBucket or StackOverflow.