Logistics Assistant Job Vacancy In A Reputable Electronics Distribution Company, 31st August, 2018
Fadac Resources and Services – Our client specializes in the distribution and sales of Electronic products from major brands such as Samsung, Panasonic, royal, Philips, Electrolux, Parsun, and Powermatic. Hence, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
- Coordinate deliveries for repaired or returned items
- Submits invoice package for certification.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of clearing agent.
- Records and retrieves information related to supply/logistics including receiving documents and data for input, and completes the established input procedures.
- Submit regular reports for a continuous overview of supply chain operations including volumes, values, incoming goods, warehouse stocks and distribution.
- Participates in regular warehouse physical inventory counts and submits subsequent inventory reports.
- Produces official release and receiving documents.
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Receive shipments and ensure both quality and quantity
- Trace, track and expedite purchase processes
- Create and maintain contact with vendors and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Interact with third party logistics service providers
- Audit freight cost and documentation
- Ensure that the warehouse has sufficient space for incoming deliveries
- Ensure that all items are properly numbered and tagged
- Dispose of unserviceable or damaged items
- Conduct safety procedures for outbound shipment vehicle
- Tracks and monitors incoming shipments.
- Coordinates with warehouse assistant(s) to ensure availability of space in warehouse/distribution plans.
- Maintains appropriate filing of logistics and shipping documents.
- Ensures data correctness to facilitate clearing.
- Liaises with clearing agent and ensures timely availability of documentation.
- Checks all invoices for clearing/forwarding services against service requests.
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories
- Maintain communication with warehouse staff to ensure proper working order
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders
- Create packing lists and update shipment information in database
- Organize files both manually and electronically
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Proficiency in inventory software, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Minimum of 3 years experience in logistics
- Knowledge of shipping and logistics.
- Be able to use current job related computer software and databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, in particular Word, Excel and Powerpoint, is required.
- A sound knowledge of Excel based analytical tools and SAP.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th September, 2018.