Logistics Trade Compliance Specialist Job Vacancy at the Dow Chemical Company
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Trade Compliance Specialist
Job Number: 1803043
- The Dow Chemical Company has a challenging job opportunity for a Logistics Trade Compliance Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria.
- At least 1- 2 years work experience in relevant Logistics related environment including customs clearance, warehousing, transport and shipping.
- Affinity with Customs trade compliance regulations and warehouse operational Management.
- Technical proficiency in the use of multiple computer applications, sound analytical skills are necessary and problem solving skills.
- Project Management experience/knowledge in identifying and pursuing improvement opportunities.
- The critical competencies required for success are Interpersonal Effectiveness, Initiative and Team work.
- Preferred Master’s degree or equivalent qualification preferably in Logistics, Supply chain, International Trade, Science, Engineering or related field.
- Project Management knowledge
- Fluency in English is compulsory and French would be a plus.
- Coordinate day to day trade compliance activities between Freight forwarder, customs, transporter, warehouse and Terminals.
- Enable customer intimacy through effective logistics coordination, efficiency and timely communication.
- Manage relationship with regional customs authorities, customs agents/service providers.
- Measure the performance of third parties (Freight forwarders, Carriers etc.).
- Ensure regulatory compliance for customs processes.
- Guide, train and consult supply chain partners regarding customs requirements and trade compliance.
- Ensure import documentation for accuracy, timeliness and implement corrective actions where appropriate.
- Support supply chain operations initiatives through data analysis and implementation of action plans.
- Identify and optimize the material and information flow across customer supply chains at a tactical or strategic level (inventory, logistics, productivity, import processes and customer focus).
- Participates in implementation of business or functional initiatives that interface with logistics work processes.
- Stay up-to-date on new developments, follow up on changes, in the customs world, analyze implications for Dow, define required action/next steps and take necessary action to bring Dow in line with new requirements.
- Active research on legal duty saving opportunities, application for respective licenses and implementation of respective customs tools and processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online