The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates in the position below, this position is opened to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
NFS Government/Civic Education Teacher
Department: Foundation Programs
Summary of Position
- The Government/Civic Education Teacher will be charged with the responsibility of helping students understand Government/Civic Education aspects of learning as required.
- The duties will range from encouraging a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of completed work.
- Additionally the incumbent will also set targets for his/her pupils and monitor progress towards its achievement within the context of established policies and procedures of the University.
- A good first degree in Political Science; Sociology and Anthropology or any Art related from a recognized tertiary with three to five years teaching experience; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Demonstrate skills in using Microsoft Office Packages.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience teaching Government/Civic Education.
- Participation in student academic, exercise and social activities.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong counseling skills.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Flexibility with time as completing certain tasks might involve working overtime.
- Good organizing skills and willingness to learn.
- Good workplace ethics and professionalism.
- Passion for Government/Civic Education and teaching.
- Proactivity in the work environment.
- Working efficiently and continuously with a positive attitude.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to meet set deadlines.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes/Cover Letters (same page) and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.