Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) Vacancy for an Application Development Officer
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) provides the infrastructure for automated processing, settlement of payments and fund transfer instructions between Banks and Card Companies in Nigeria.NIBSS is owned equally by all licensed banks in Nigeria, and the Central Bank of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Development Officer
Grade: Assistant Banking Officer (ABO)
Department: Enterprise Software Services
Division: Technology and Operations
Reports to: Unit Head, Application Development
The desired candidate must exhibit competencies in the following:
- Customer Focus
- Focus on excellent delivery
- Information Analysis and Management
- Information System Management
- Project Management
- Systems Development
- IS Security
- Personal Credibility
- Professional judgment
- Courage to challenge
- Team Spirit
- Strategic Perspective
- Sound knowledge of Retail Transaction Processing;
- Working Knowledge of Transaction Switching;
- Sound knowledge of known international standards on software development, documentation and integration;
- Sound regulatory knowledge;
- Very good understanding of Secure Coding.
- Knowledge of Software/Application Development Methodologies and relevant languages such as Java (J2SE, J2EE);
- Basic knowledge of the Financial Service Industry;
- A minimum of 3 years professional programming experience (Java, PHP).
- Experience should also include Spring 3 Framework, Hibernate, Additional J2EE technologies (e.g. JMS), Agile programming methodology, Development tools & principles and SOAP & RESTful based web services.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Additional qualification(s) will be an added advantage
Duties And Key Responsibilities
- Timely delivery of new projects to be worked on by the Enterprise Software Services (ESS) team;
- Develop and implement new software programs;
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software;
- Development of plug in solutions that aids day to day operations of NIBSS;
- Effective support and management of all NIBSS software application;
- Update and expand existing programs;
- Debug programs by testing for and fixing errors.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization;
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary;
- Integration of NIBSS services to financial institutions and vice-versa as applicable;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th August, 2018.