PSS Facilitator Vacancy at the Center for Community and Health Development International
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PSS Facilitator
- The PSS Facilitator has the knowledge and practical skills to carry out focused psychosocial support activities with children at high risk of vulnerability. Focused PSS activities will be carried out in line with individual organization and interagency guidelines.
- The intention of this position is to build the resilience of Most Vulnerable children through Psychosocial Support activities. The Facilitator implements the activities in a manner that leaves considerable positive impact on children.
Educational Qualifications and Competencies
- B.Sc, HND or ND in a Social Development related field, (Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology, Specialized Education).
- At least 1 years’ experience working with children and preferably high risk children and/or refugee/ vulnerable population
- Knowledge in Child Protection.
- Strong facilitation and organizational skills;
- Motivated-and ability to work in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skill.
- Excellent communication skills (including active listening);
- Good in written and spoken English and hausa. Knowledge of Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Willing to travel when for any training, meeting or workshop.
Planning and implementation responsibilities:
- Assess the main similar needs / issues faced by the targeted community group of children.
- Form a homogenous group based on similar issues or characteristics between all children members.
- Develop an action plan of PSS activities, topics and other type of interventions with the group based on a Group intervention approach.
- Implement these sessions on a periodical manner and evaluate each session with the children as well as with the PSS Officer.
- Revise sessions according to each feedback/evaluation and constantly adapt approaches and exercises.
- Promote and ensure the Children participation in all activities.
- Ensure that all activities are done in an appropriate location in line with minimum standards.
- Document all necessary feedback and provide regular monitoring report to the project coordinator on the progress of children.
- Ensure that parents receive regular feedback and advice on their children progress and interaction.
- Ensure that all children and caregivers are aware of any accountability/ complaint mechanism.
- Refer cases of children when needed.
- Ensure the use of good facilitation skills that make the children feel comfortable and enhance their participation and personal development.
- Ensure that children are not exposed to any form of harm or stress during the activity and that they feel safe and respected.
- Positively interact with children and encourage them to express their needs and ensure their safety.
- Ensure participation of children in the focused program in a non-discriminatory as well as age and gender sensitive and appropriate approach.
- Provide all material needed for each activity.
- Respect and Abide to the organizations internal code of conduct and child protection policy.
- 3 – Case Management; Reporting and Referring
- Report all the cases to the project coordinator.
- Refer children attending PSS activities to case management agencies working in the area when needed.
Safety and Security responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security environment within PSS Centre.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to Project Coordinator.
Deadline: 27th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CV’s and Cover Letters to: email@example.com