Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Director Vacancy at Population Council
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council’s major program areas are HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries.The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
We are seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Director (Breakthrough Research)
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution, monitoring, data management, and reporting of all research activities conducted as part of the Population Council’s Breakthrough Research Project and other projects as assigned.
- He/she will contribute to the design of research studies and their implementation in context, including training, fieldwork implementation, and data collection;
- Oversee and manage the processes for capturing routine and programmatic data collected for the purposes of evaluation;
- Contribute to study protocol development and scientific report writing and publications; present as needed on study designs or results at stakeholders’ and/or professional meetings.
- Level of Education – A minimum of Masters in Public Health/International Health or any related area
- Experience in a Similar Role -5 years
- Experience in converting data into clear useable format for different audiences
- Willingness to travel within and outside Nigeria (travel at least 50%)
- Strong analytic and database skills including statistical analysis
- Experience in implementing field research.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skill
- Language Requirements – Excellent English language
- Experience in using the Demographic and Health Information System 2
- Experience in conducting Data Quality Assessments
- Proficient in the use of STATA for advanced multilevel data analysis
- Experience in scientific writing. Publications in peer reviewed journal (added advantage)
- Ability to use data management packages, electronic data capture experience highly preferred
Provide research support to the Director, Technical Director and Principal Investigators of Breakthrough Research and other projects in the following ways:
- Ensure the smooth running of research study and fieldwork by developing systems to track projects including all study staff, ethical review board information, client/participant recruitment activity and financial management.
- Analyze routine data to assist in preparation of project reports and participate in corporate multi-site/country research studies and analyze evaluation data and produce reports and scientific manuscripts were appropriate
- Support PIs in developing study budgets and be involved in budget planning, resource allocation and preparation of quarterly reports.
- Coordinate the Council’s local research dissemination and research events, liaising closely with stakeholders at all levels (Federal, State, LGA and community).
- Undertake any other responsibility delegated by the supervisor.
- Contribute as needed toward the conceptualization, design of study protocols and tools, timeline development, and research staffing
- Liaise with technical focal points of contact (HMIS, implementing partners, health facility, ministry/government) unit at all levels (Federal, State, LGA and community) to secure available data and to assess and monitor data quality
- Ensure data management alignment with evaluation strategy as specified in work plans, proposals and study protocols.
- Coordinate the training of field workers in study implementation and ensure compliance with study protocols and SOPs, lead meetings for research study staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter (stating current salary and salary expectations) and Resume in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly state the position title and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the e-mail. Example: “Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Director (Breakthrough Research) – Ben, Joshua Ekong”
Application Deadline 24th August, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred.