The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior SAP BASIS Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As our BASIS administrator, you will be working with business and IT partners to leverage SAP platform as strategic asset within Technology. You will be working with a team to bring broad experience in the Best practices for SAP platform. You will work with other basis members to define and refine in developing the road-map for the SAP platforms.
- Open support channels with external SAP personnel, communicate with internal help desk support personnel, partner with other IT resources, and work directly with the end user community to investigate, diagnose, and address SAP development and system issues. Document post-mortem analysis and implement changes to prevent similar user, application, or system issues.
- Apply application software corrections such as SAP support packages, kernel patches, front-end patches, one-off patches, and patch-sets to keep application software current with vendor maintenance schedules.
- Configure and maintain SAP communication interface and scheduling technologies, including SAP PI/PO, sapcon, EDI/XML interfaces, file upload/download functions, web interfaces, print/spool, background, BDC, and other CPIC/RFC communications.
- Provide SAP Basis support and technical expertise for the installation and/or enhancement of the SAP systems to meet expanding business requirements.
- Perform SAP system, database, operating system, and transaction monitoring/tuning to proactively meet corporate SLAs and to ensure optimal response times for the SAP user communities.
- Position will provide 24×7 support for the SAP technical infrastructure (BASIS), including but not limited to technologies such as ECC 6.0, BW4HANA, Solution Manager 7.01, Oracle 9i/10g, etc. The candidate will work on a small basis team and with developers and business analysts to implement new SAP functionality, apply SAP program fixes, develop and maintain interfaces, maintain SAP change control, monitor and tune hardware/platform/backend, and assist in SAP software upgrades and projects.
- Work with basis team members to administer the technical infrastructure and meet SLAs, project requirements/deadlines, and any other additional business needs.
- Provide first-level SAP Basis support to the SAP Functional Team, IT staff, and the end user community, including the handling of incident tickets, 24x7x365 emergency support, transport movements, and other day-to-day operational and project tasks for the SAP systems.
- Manage software logistics according to audit/governance protocol between Development, Quality Assurance, and Production to support successful application development and releases for the entire implementation lifecycle, using transports, client copies, and other SAP proprietary change technologies.
- Create, support, manage, and document installation, roll-out, and maintenance of the SAP front-end (SAPGui) and any other front-end relevant to SAP initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and document SAP system operating procedures for any of the above functions and/or additional responsibilities.
- Provide knowledge-transfer and cross-training to teammates and other corporate staff. Research new procedures, best practices, methodologies, and technologies to make recommendations and grow in technical competence.
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years experience OR Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience (List specifics) OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- In-depth understanding of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) systems, concepts, and procedures
- Experience with Oracle, SQL and HANA databases.
- 3 years’ experience in a Lead role
- Minimum 3 full life-cycle Implementations in SAP technology
- 5+ years of experience with broad and deep technical knowledge of technical SAP ecosystem design, implementation, and performance management while in ongoing operations across a global footprint.
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of SAP Basis area; support, monitoring, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance.
- Extensive background in performance tuning and troubleshooting; utilizing SAP performance management tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online