Vacancy at Nigerian Breweries Plc for Process and Control Improvement Manager, Risk and Control
Nigerian Breweries Plc – We are the foremost brewing company in Nigeria, passionate about winning with Nigeria and marketing high quality brands.
We are currently inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process and Control Improvement Manager, Risk and Control (P & CI Manager)
- The position of Process and Control Improvement Manager, Risk and Control (P & CI Manager) is open, waiting for you to apply here.
- Reporting to the Head, Process and Control Improvement Manager, the P & CI Manager, will support and advice the Head of P&CI, Local Management and Functions in Controls Monitoring, Process & Control Management and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI).
- Do you have experience in Risk Assessment and a passion for Continuous Improvement and Project Management?
- Do you like to work in an international and culturally rich environment and would you like to join us on our journey to drive the continuous improvement, monitoring, design and implementation of processes and controls in Nigerian Breweries Plc to ensure efficiency and effectiveness?
- Then you might be the talent we are looking for!
Process & Control Management:
- Provide direct support to the Head P&CI to ensure business processes and controls are appropriately designed, constructed, implemented and maintained.
- Jointly drive with Local Management the design and documentation of business processes and controls, applying the global process design and management methodology and HEINEKEN Enterprise Process Model (HEPM).
- Ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of processes, including Process Performance Indicator (PPI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) defined by the Business.
- Ensure PPIs and KPIs are monitored on an ongoing basis to identify any risks or opportunities for improvements (processes & controls). Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the global standard by Local Management.
- Provide direct support to the Head P&CI to monitor and test control effectiveness and drive the implementation of remediating actions.
- Ensure that the effectiveness of controls is monitored and/or frequently tested.
- Be responsible for putting the appropriate actions in place (agreed with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
- Provide direct support to the Head P&CI to embed a process improvement culture, drive process and control improvement and realise benefits.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, benchmarking and innovation.
- Build process improvement capabilities through training and people development.
- Challenge existing processes to identify improvement opportunities using benchmarks and external best practices.
- Quantify financial benefits and costs associated with improvement ideas. Analyse impact of changes on processes and ways of working.
- Implement process improvements and inform Local Management about the progress on a regular basis. Ensure that the global process improvement methodology (Lean / Six Sigma) is applied.
- Evaluate the success of the improvement projects and the benefits realised.
- Conduct Risk Assessment through running risk workshops with the Business, ensures relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drives the creation of risk responses. This also includes new and emerging risks.
- Develop specific action plans to mitigate, accept or transfer risk and monitors progress on an ongoing basis.
- Provide direct support to the Head P&CI to lead the process of Risk Identification, Assessment and Response and monitor existing and emerging risks.
- Drive the implementation of a comprehensive Risk Management (RM) framework.
- Identify relevant risks for the business. Analyses, measures and evaluates risks.
- Provide direct support to the Head P&CI to improve fraud prevention and detection and support fraud investigation when required.
- Raise fraud awareness through promoting the ‘Speak-up’ procedures.
- Drive fraud prevention and detection through identifying fraud risks and addressing them through strong process and control design and testing.
- Discuss and support incident assessment, following the Anti-Fraud procedure (P&CI may be requested on an exceptional basis to investigate specific fraud incidents that are related to business process controls).
- Support fraud investigation when requested by Local Management, Global Legal Affairs or Global Audit.
- Provide direct support to the Head P&CI to provide assurance that processes and controls are designed, implemented and operating in line with the relevant policies, procedures and HEINEKEN Rules.
- P&CI is informed about policy changes and assesses the impact on existing control frameworks. Provide advice, support and challenge during the implementation of policies (global & local).
- Register, track and log policies & procedures. This includes the review and challenge of the self-assessment activities.
- If requested, provide advice, support and challenge to the design of policies (global & local).
- Support the audit through providing information or specialist input where required (Local P&CI team members may perform controls testing or other audit activities on behalf of Global Audit when agreed with OpCo FD/FM).
- Define and execute remediation plans (in agreement with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
- Work closely with external auditors in respect to the Financial Controls Audit to enable reliance on the work of internal audit, thus driving reductions in the overall audit fees.
- Provide direct support to the Head P&CI to support Global and External Audit to efficiently plan and execute audits and to drive closure of audit findings.
- Plan, lead and execute audits to evaluate the risks and the established controls in all business processes in Nigerian Breweries Plc.
- Work with Global Audit to ensure a consistent and efficient audit plan is adopted.
- Support and/or execution of audits in global audits (inside or outside of the OpCo) at the request of the Audit Committee, via Global Audit.
People and Personal Development:
- Ensure effective Performance Management through the creation of a Personal Development Plan: working on the development targets formulated in the Personal Development Plan throughout the year to improve competencies and skills of the P&CI Analysts & Assistants.
- Regularly review and align relationships with other Lines of Defence.
- Identify requirement and build key knowledge in line with functional competencies.
- Set realistic though stretching targets and monitor performance of P&CI Analyst/Assistants.
- Provide regular feedback, not limited to mid- and end year appraisals.
- Create, develop and foster strong and professional relationships with business partners
- Promote teamwork, knowledge sharing
- Fostering relationships with internal parties such as OpCo Management (including MT), Global Audit, Global P&CI, and other relevant functional managers. As well as external parties such as External Audit and other third party audit agencies.
- Development of audit programs and budgets.
- Solid experience in process analysis.
- Creation of Policies and Procedures.
- Leadership capabilities and ability to communicate effectively, including excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze complex data, evaluate information and systems and reach logical conclusions.
- MUST have experience from any of the Big 4 Audit Firms is mandatory (Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers and KPMG)
- Minimum 6 to 12 years of experience within internal audit of international companies, including experience of operational audit, risk management
- Extensive experience within internal audit of international companies, including experience of operational audit, risk management.
- Proven success in influencing management and performing Management controls reviews, providing strong effective business oriented recommendations.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally (up to 50%)
- Development and leadership of projects based on risk evaluation and/or business consulting.
- Broad knowledge of internal control.
- Audits based on risks and controls.
- Proficient knowledge in systems auditing.
- Proficient knowledge in the extraction and handling of SAP Information.
- Good handling of Microsoft Office tools.
- Languages: Fluent English, needed for interaction (reading, written and spoken)
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum of Five (5) credit grades in WASC/GCE/SSCE including Mathematics, English and 3 other relevant subjects obtained in one sitting.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Masters in Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Finance, Accounting, Internal audit background Professional certifications including: – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/RA/RE/CPA/CFE or – CIA/RO
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
- The position offers good career opportunities, competitive salary and other remuneration packages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.